NS exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolcats15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are Next step exams still score deflated? I keep on getting around 127 on each section..... Should I be worried or am I just doing the usual pre-mcat freakout? Its really starting to drive me crazy

Members don't see this ad.

Are Next step exams still score deflated? I keep on getting around 127 on each section..... Should I be worried or am I just doing the usual pre-mcat freakout? Its really starting to drive me crazy
From what I've heard, the EK and NS are generally harder and lower scoring than the real thing. Now, this is primarily based of one guy who scored about 4-5 points higher on the actual from his average NS scores.

The main consensus, and what I agree with is that you mainly focus on improving your percentages. The NS scores are the icing on the cake, but by no means definitive

If you look at the raw NS score, I think it might be even a tad generous. A 127 will get you an 80%tile(508), and my raw NS scores are roughly 70% for any 127s I get. I know raw and percentile aren't the same, but I think it's fair that you get a 10% bump after converting. Each test is a bit different in scale though, and I think NS psych is way too generous compared to the scored aamc mcat.