NS Half-Diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EasternMer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken it yet? I got a 492. EEEEEK. But looking forward to learning more everyday and improving :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the full one on TPR and scored a 489; I was pleased with that and 5 weeks to go...what is your understanding of the scoring?

I took this for fun. I wanted to see what my 34 would equate to on the new MCAT. I also just finished Biochemistry but man was this half diagnostic tough.

I ended up with a 500, which AAMC has been touting as the average.

Any others see more luck?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took this for fun. I wanted to see what my 34 would equate to on the new MCAT. I also just finished Biochemistry but man was this half diagnostic tough.

I ended up with a 500, which AAMC has been touting as the average.

Any others see more luck?

I'm pretty scared now. Does this mean the new test is that much harder?

I'm pretty scared now. Does this mean the new test is that much harder?

Lol sorry to freak you out, I've never taken a psych class. I had 90th+ in biochem, cars, and the chemistry portion...2nd percentile in psych! :happy::happy:

Lol sorry to freak you out, I've never taken a psych class. I had 90th+ in biochem, cars, and the chemistry portion...2nd percentile in psych! :happy::happy:

Great work on those cars, biochem, and chem but how did u end up with that for psych?

Also got 500 but if it makes you feel better my first kaplan was 486 haha
Also nextstep says that their diagnostic is harder than the AAMC so :) don't stress

I just took the full one on TPR and scored a 489; I was pleased with that and 5 weeks to go...what is your understanding of the scoring?
Uhm, well, look up the 2015 percentiles.

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/378098/data/mcat2015scorescaleguide.pdf

These are hypotheticals...and do not take full account of the confidence intervals and deviations of the first testing groups.

That's like a 9th percentile. Might want to push that MCAT date.
Also got 500 but if it makes you feel better my first kaplan was 486 haha
Also nextstep says that their diagnostic is harder than the AAMC so :) don't stress

I just finished the AAMC one and got a 504...TPR must operate like Kaplan.

Reactions: 1 users
How do you access the NS Diagnostic exam? Is there a free one? I purchased their CARS and psyc book separately.

EDIT: nevermind found it :)

Last edited:
I scored a 497 cold with no review. I am taking the test June 19th. I wonder what the average test taker gets on the NS half diagnostic. PS and Psych were the worst scores for me