NSU acceptance class of 2011!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anybody is looking for a nice condo 5 minutes from school email me. It's a great place and very nicely decorated. The room will be available Sept-Jan...let me know if you're interested.

Members don't see this ad.

hey iliacus

Can you give me some more details about the place, where it is, what is included with the rent, if you are willing to do month to month rentals (in case i end up buying a place in the next few months), and if you have some kind of a rental agreement.

THANKS SOO MUCH!!

I just got accepted yesterday afternoon.... so im trying to get my life together and get moved down to FL

Hi everyone, I'm really new to SDN, so I do not know if this is the best place to ask this question... I am highly considering NSU but I have a question. What are NSU's policies and procedures if a student fails one or more classes??? Do they have to repeat the entire year? Does NSU offer summer courses as makeups? Are there re-do on exams? I tried looking through the Health Profession Division Catalog online and there was nothing mentioned... if anyone could help me find this infotmation that would be great!! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I'm really new to SDN, so I do not know if this is the best place to ask this question... I am highly considering NSU but I have a question. What are NSU's policies and procedures if a student fails one or more classes??? Do they have to repeat the entire year? Does NSU offer summer courses as makeups? Are there re-do on exams? I tried looking through the Health Profession Division Catalog online and there was nothing mentioned... if anyone could help me find this infotmation that would be great!! Thanks.
You will have to take a remediation exam in the summer. If you fail that, you will have to take that course over again and will not be able to continue to the next year.

You will have to take a remediation exam in the summer. If you fail that, you will have to take that course over again and will not be able to continue to the next year.

Let me add to this a bit from my time there. If you fail one (maybe two) classes you can take a make up session and exam at the end of the semester. If you fail more then 2 you have to take them over again the following year. Also, if you fail the remediation most likely you will have to repeat it again the following year. This means if you jacked up histology you don't have to wait 5 months till the end of spring to take the remediation. You take it in December.

Now, most students are fine but I know in my class there were about 3-5 out of 220 that did not make it to the 2nd year. They just joined the next class and retook the classes they needed.

Let me add to this a bit from my time there. If you fail one (maybe two) classes you can take a make up session and exam at the end of the semester. If you fail more then 2 you have to take them over again the following year. Also, if you fail the remediation most likely you will have to repeat it again the following year. This means if you jacked up histology you don't have to wait 5 months till the end of spring to take the remediation. You take it in December.

Now, most students are fine but I know in my class there were about 3-5 out of 220 that did not make it to the 2nd year. They just joined the next class and retook the classes they needed.
Good call. Thanks for the clarification.

hey anyone looking for a roommate I am a 3rd year dental student and have an apt. 4 miles from Nova. send me a pm if interested...

Hi I was just accepted recently, and am looking at living at the Cultural Living Center for my first year. I was wondering, how close is this building from the actuall lecture halls? Is it a comfortable walking distance? I wanted to know if I could get away with not having a car if I live at the cultural living center..please help!!

Hi I was just accepted recently, and am looking at living at the Cultural Living Center for my first year. I was wondering, how close is this building from the actuall lecture halls? Is it a comfortable walking distance? I wanted to know if I could get away with not having a car if I live at the cultural living center..please help!!
There are people who live in the CLC without a car, but unless you want to be reliant on others for transportation to the grocery store or for entertainment, I wouldn't recommend going without one. There are individuals who walk to school, but the shuttle is "pretty" good.

Hi, can someone please post what topics are covered in first semester Biochemistry and Physiology? Also, are these courses difficult at NSU if you have never taken them before in college? Thanks so much....

Hi, can someone please post what topics are covered in first semester Biochemistry and Physiology? Also, are these courses difficult at NSU if you have never taken them before in college? Thanks so much....
If you are planning to study during the summer to prepare you for your classes, I would advise against it. It will not do you much good. Besides, your curriculum is going to be somewhat different from what the current M1s are taking.

Hey, I was hoping if someone could shed some light on how difficult gross anatomy is at NSU? How difficult are the exams, and do students fail in anatomy at NSU? Also, what are the order of topics covered in anatomy? It seems like there is a lot of material to learn in just one semester!

Hey, I was hoping if someone could shed some light on how difficult gross anatomy is at NSU? How difficult are the exams, and do students fail in anatomy at NSU? Also, what are the order of topics covered in anatomy? It seems like there is a lot of material to learn in just one semester!
The material is divided into sections: 1) Upper extremities and the back, 2) Lower extremities 3) Abdomen and Thorax 4) Pelvis and Perineum. In that case, you are not learning all the bones, muscles...of the body, but those components related to the section of the body.

There are students who fail anatomy and would have to remediate to be allowed to continue you on with the curriculum. The exams require the student to have a working knowledge of muscles, bones, nerves, and vasulature. They are definitely doable.

And yes, it's a lot of material.

Cool, thanks alot. So what about head and neck? Do we learn, dissect that part of the body during neuroanatomy in the spring semester?

Cool, thanks alot. So what about head and neck? Do we learn, dissect that part of the body during neuroanatomy in the spring semester?
Sorry, head and neck was the last "system" of the Fall semester. The following semester was neuroanatomy, which is basically an in depth extension of that system.

Am I the only one who still doesn't have their OPP II grade posted so far on webstar?

I e-mailed Dr.Shamus about it, he says they're planning on having everything posted by next week. Ah well.