NSU acceptance class of 2011!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're really good for my mental health. :laugh: Right now it's in the 70s in the day and 50s at night. Score! Compared that with UNE...average low in January, 13F! That's a seat number, it can't be a temperature :scared:

don't most airlines take out row 13?

Members don't see this ad.

HA HA! And its by the window! :scared: :D Man, I had to get over a major fear of flying to go on these interviews, and while it is a great view at the window, it is torture when you're 6'4", and just a head resting on legs. I learned about the aisle seat, and the blessed exit row!
I had not flown in 14 years, so I was a bit apprehensive during my first flight. It was by far the LONGEST ever. 8+ hours.

I think I was in a row 13 before, yeah for my trip to Des Moines. 13D. Maybe it's just for elevators? Either way, that wasn't my point. :p

I had not flown in 14 years, so I was a bit apprehensive during my first flight. It was by far the LONGEST ever. 8+ hours.

I think I was in a row 13 before, yeah for my trip to Des Moines. 13D. Maybe it's just for elevators? Either way, that wasn't my point. :p

Ohdearmotherofgod! 8 hours! I had a 4 hour to SF that had me nearly ready to chloroform out one of the flight attendants, conceal him/her in the bathroom, and wear his/her uniform just so I could stand up the rest of the flight!

I did get to sleep under some stairs at the Houston airport though!:thumbup:

How do you get to the 13th floor if there are no elevators?

And that's kooky that unlucky number 13 holds so much dread they'd do that! The Baker's Dozen is pure EVIL!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohdearmotherofgod! 8 hours! I had a 4 hour to SF that had me nearly ready to chloroform out one of the flight attendants, conceal him/her in the bathroom, and wear his/her uniform just so I could stand up the rest of the flight!

I did get to sleep under some stairs at the Houston airport though!:thumbup:

How do you get to the 13th floor if there are no elevators?

And that's kooky that unlucky number 13 holds so much dread they'd do that! The Baker's Dozen is pure EVIL!!
Someone should really film your antics. Watching them will de-stress us when we're over our heads in body parts studying for anatomy. You'll be quite the popular one then.

I think you could take the stairs or do the spiderman thing.

try 18 hours...to taiwan...umm yea..never doing that again..unless its 1st class..lol

try 18 hours...to taiwan...umm yea..never doing that again..unless its 1st class..lol

DING! DING! DING! We have a Winaaaah!! Ok, this is by far the worst! I can't imagine how you could endure it! Wow, I guess I won't ever be able to visit Taiwain, unless I stop at like 7 places along the way.

the proper way to do it..is to OD on sleeping pills..but for me..i owned the batteries of my laptop and ipod....and i was contemplating suicide for the last 10 hours..haha

the proper way to do it..is to OD on sleeping pills..but for me..i owned the batteries of my laptop and ipod....and i was contemplating suicide for the last 10 hours..haha

LOL! Yeah, that'll do it!

C'mon - I fly for 18 hrs to (former Soviet) Georgia 2x a year - its a 24 hr trip usually.

Des Moines was 14 hrs for me... I hear it's normally 5 or so. :D

C'mon - I fly for 18 hrs to (former Soviet) Georgia 2x a year - its a 24 hr trip usually.

Des Moines was 14 hrs for me... I hear it's normally 5 or so. :D

You guys are insane!! I cannot stand sitting still for long periods of time, especially in those teeny tiny airplane seats!!

Ortho, how did they shave off 6 hours? Did you take the Concord. or something? And how did they add 9? Layovers?

I flew 12 hours from Israel to NYC. And there were a lot of orthodox men there who went up to pray in the back of the plane, where the bathrooms were. I had the luck to be in the bathroom when they all came up, and I was stuck there until they were done praying. But at least i got to stretch my legs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I flew 12 hours from Israel to NYC. And there were a lot of orthodox men there who went up to pray in the back of the plane, where the bathrooms were. I had the luck to be in the bathroom when they all came up, and I was stuck there until they were done praying. But at least i got to stretch my legs.

Did the plane tip up at an angle? Seriously, though, why the back? What's the difference when you are up in the air?

Did the plane tip up at an angle? Seriously, though, why the back? What's the difference when you are up in the air?

:laugh:

You guys are insane!! I cannot stand sitting still for long periods of time, especially in those teeny tiny airplane seats!!

Ortho, how did they shave off 6 hours? Did you take the Concord. or something? And how did they add 9? Layovers?

It is very rough and I'm not 6'4"!!
The Des Moines trip was delay, reroute, delay, reroute, delay, reroute.... and thus the infamous story of my lost luggage and midnight shopping spree to Walmart for my interview! :laugh: After getting accepted to a place that appreciated my efforts, how can I say no to them??!

:laugh:

It is very rough and I'm not 6'4"!!
The Des Moines trip was delay, reroute, delay, reroute, delay, reroute.... and thus the infamous story of my lost luggage and midnight shopping spree to Walmart for my interview! :laugh: After getting accepted to a place that appreciated my efforts, how can I say no to them??!

Oh yeah! They lost your suit, and you had to wear a jumper, right?:p That sounds like it was a lovely time! From now on, I will only fly direct flights, unless of course I can't.

I had that a few times on the way to Poland. They go and visit the concentration camps.

22 hour flight to Pakistan... if anyone even has a remote idea what these planes smell like... you'll know how bad that is...

Just realized NSU has by far the most active class of 2011 page. Thats a point in my book.
I agree, though we go off on a tangent to talk about our long, smelly, religious, plane trips. :)

I haven't posted as much lately cuz of work. I need money!!!! but I still find time when I get home to check the thread and laugh my a@# off! keep it up and I will fill in more Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. lol.

Its probably because that is where they have a nice area with some privacy to sit down and do their prayer. I think they did it at either dusk or dawn, but I can't remember.

Oh yeah! They lost your suit, and you had to wear a jumper, right?:p That sounds like it was a lovely time! From now on, I will only fly direct flights, unless of course I can't.

That was the resolution I came to at the time myself!

22 hour flight to Pakistan... if anyone even has a remote idea what these planes smell like... you'll know how bad that is...

:eek: :laugh:

I haven't posted as much lately cuz of work. I need money!!!! but I still find time when I get home to check the thread and laugh my a@# off! keep it up and I will fill in more Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. lol.

We are here to entertain!! Up 'til around the second week of August, anyway! :laugh:

Are you sure you don't want to join us Orthodoc?

Wow! In terms of the X of 2011 threads, NSU is kicking butt.

277 posts and growing!

more!

Sorry, stupid, I know!

Dr. Kuba, you are right, and I need help!

I will not post for two whole days!

You know Toothless, continously editing your post instead of just using a new post is not an effective way of psot-whoring..

Good-natured kidding, or genuine irritation?

Seriously? Come on now toothless, just because I like to bicker with Jamers on the Pre-osteo threads does not mean I'm meanspirited:D Of course Im kidding around.

Sorry! I know I write a lot of silly garbage, but I mean no harm! I couldn't tell where you were coming from.:) I think it must be the accent! :p

In that case, I will keep posting! :D

You know Toothless, continously editing your post instead of just using a new post is not an effective way of psot-whoring..

BTW, this is seriously funny that you noticed this! I thought I was being all sly!

Sorry! I know I write a lot of silly garbage, but I mean no harm! I couldn't tell where you were coming from.:) I think it must be the accent! :p

In that case, I will keep posting! :D

BTW, this is seriously funny that you noticed this! I thought I was being all sly!
Kuba is the ****!

Geez, I'm trying to burn thru this book before testing time, and I guess its making me paranoid! that i will fail the exam Wish me:luck:

Who said that!

Wha?

:scared:

edit: why not?

Actually, finished it yesterday!

HellooooOOO? (tap! tap!) Is this thing on?

Sorry...preoccupied. My head is buried in Aetna reading material. Why does managed care have to be so difficult?

It really doesnt. They make it that way so you don't ask questions, as you expect the answers to be even weirder. I am not a fan of managed care, although if the concept were properly and humanitarianly applied, it could be better.

Which anatomy class do you all think you would like to have? The prosection or dissection? I keep reading about dissection being a phenomenal waste of time. I think our interview tour guide said we a randomly assigned to one or the other, but then that we can trade out with someone. A friend of mine at NEOUCOM said that unless you plan on surgery, prosection is the way to go; that you aren't mising out on anything except time. Anyone catch any of the details on this?

Which anatomy class do you all think you would like to have? The prosection or dissection? I keep reading about dissection being a phenomenal waste of time. I think our interview tour guide said we a randomly assigned to one or the other, but then that we can trade out with someone. A friend of mine at NEOUCOM said that unless you plan on surgery, prosection is the way to go; that you aren't mising out on anything except time. Anyone catch any of the details on this?
Very good question and point!

I'm a proponent for prosection, though I would like to be able to go through the process of dissection. I've also read numerable articles about how dissection is a "waste" of time, but the students seem to perform the same on their tests.

My question is, how much experience would you actually get by doing a dissection unless you're doing multiple ones? Does NSU have an anatomy fellowship or a pre-school anatomy course like some other schools have? If so, those interested in surgery may want to take that course. You will get a lot of cutting time and will get money by helping teach the first years anatomy.

Very good question and point!

I'm a proponent for prosection, though I would like to be able to go through the process of dissection. I've also read numerable articles about how dissection is a "waste" of time, but the students seem to perform the same on their tests.

My question is, how much experience would you actually get by doing a dissection unless you're doing multiple ones? Does NSU have an anatomy fellowship or a pre-school anatomy course like some other schools have? If so, those interested in surgery may want to take that course. You will get a lot of cutting time and will get money by helping teach the first years anatomy.

Yeah, there are 8 or 9 anatomy fellowships, if I remember correctly from a post that I can't seem to find. I also would like to get some dissection experience, then switch over to prosection. I am going to guess that transition isn't the easier of the two.(At least I think this was mentioned at the NSU tour)

Yeah, there are 8 or 9 anatomy fellowships, if I remember correctly from a post that I can't seem to find. I also would like to get some dissection experience, then switch over to prosection. I am going to guess that transition isn't the easier of the two.(At least I think this was mentioned at the NSU tour)
I'll add that to my compiled list of questions. So, do I need to have a concealed cam and mic during my revisit per order of D.H.?

Hmm...from what I remember, anatomy is split into two groups, A and B. Group A would be doing the dissection one week and Group B would be doing prosection. They alternate every other time between the two. So, inevitably, you have eight or so students assigned to a cadaver. For me, I thought that would be a problem, but I'd be getting the advantage of both prosection and dissection. Besides, when doing either, you'll be in your own group of three or four other individuals, not the full eight. However, I'll inquire about this anyways.

I'll add that to my compiled list of questions. So, do I need to have a concealed cam and mic during my revisit per order of D.H.?

Hmm...from what I remember, anatomy is split into two groups, A and B. Group A would be doing the dissection one week and Group B would be doing prosection. They alternate every other time between the two. So, inevitably, you have eight or so students assigned to a cadaver. For me, I thought that would be a problem, but I'd be getting the advantage of both prosection and dissection. Besides, when doing either, you'll be in your own group of three or four other individuals, not the full eight. However, I'll inquire about this anyways.

If this is how its set up, I have no problem with it!

almost..but not quite...the anatomy is set up like this...

you are either in Group A or Group B... and you dissect a minimum 1 time per week no mattter wat group you are...you alternate between anatomy lab and OPP lab... Tues and Thurs...so since im Group B...i can go to OPP on Tues..and i dissect on Thurs...after the labs on Tues and Thurs theres a "mixer" where you go and see what the other group did...so on Tuesday after OPP lab u can go to the mixer to see wat group A does...

refer to: http://medicine.nova.edu/forms/m1fallsched.pdf

anatomy A + B lab is the mixer...which is held twice a week..

almost..but not quite...the anatomy is set up like this...

you are either in Group A or Group B... and you dissect a minimum 1 time per week no mattter wat group you are...you alternate between anatomy lab and OPP lab... Tues and Thurs...so since im Group B...i can go to OPP on Tues..and i dissect on Thurs...after the labs on Tues and Thurs theres a "mixer" where you go and see what the other group did...so on Tuesday after OPP lab u can go to the mixer to see wat group A does...

refer to: http://medicine.nova.edu/forms/m1fallsched.pdf

anatomy A + B lab is the mixer...which is held twice a week..
Even better. :) Thanks. So, in this case, how many people in total share the cadaver?