NSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fin-Nor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
happy news just made my day

:clap: :clap: :clap:

notification by email

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on getting in! Hopefully you will choose this school and choose to excel. Once again, congratulations.

i will definitely choose NSU -- great everything (location, facility, technology, students are friendly)

thanks for the congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats from a current M-1. I hope to see you next year!

Congratulations! You will love it here. When did you interview?

i interviewed this past monday (sept 29). im sure i will love it :)

Congratulations! :clap:

I'm sure you will love it here. See you next year... :D

congrats bryant, I just got the call from nova this friday:) ....yay, no more cold new york winters after this one:clap:

thanks bud, yep... warm weather year round. cant beat that. congrats! ;)

Originally posted by hcrunner
congrats bryant, I just got the call from nova this friday:) ....yay, no more cold new york winters after this one:clap:

Congratulations guys! I'll see you there next year. hc, I can't wait to get down to warmer weather either!

Congratulations to you guys! I finally got my acceptance today!I didn't get a phone call but I got the letter in the mail. I imagine they tried to call but I am online so much they probably got a busy signal..lol:) I just wanted to share my good news =):) :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

happy for ya bud. :D

at least one acceptance for you thus far

Congratulations! It is indeed a great feeling to get that acceptance letter. I remember going out iwth my college friends and getting abso-frickin-lootely waste-o that night. Got lots of pictures with me kissing strangers. Funny fun fun.

Q, DO

Members don't see this ad :)
Any particular interesting questions asked at NSUCOM interview?

Also i fyou don't mind posting your MCAT and GPA just to see what I am up against?

Thanks

you can check out the interview feedback portion of this site. a few others and i have posted our interview experience regarding this year's sessions.

I too will be joining you all in the class of 2008... congrats and I can not wait to meet all of you.

During Christmas break, if any of you guys see a fat italian guy studying for boards at the Barnes n' Noble near Nova, feel free to say hi and buy me a frappachino. That's the place where I studied for the MCAT so I figure it would be poetic to study for step I there as well. What a way to spend Christmas vacation. :rolleyes:

Congrats on getting into Nova. As an almost native South Floridian, I think you'll like it down there, especially if you hate cold weather. NSU has a good location too. Lots of restaurants around...

... and all the..... girls..... in ............. bikinis.......

...(drool)...

Damn, I'm making myself homesick!

Congrats all you soon-to-be NSUCOMers!!!
Let me see you wave your hands in the air....wave em' like you just don't care....oh yeahhhhh

Usually people would say "you've gotten past the hard part, so just relax"....but Ca$h Mani says "celebrate like its 199_...err I mean party it up!!! have fun!! definitely savor the time while you can...." It'll be great to see you all next year...and we'll all be there to help you when we can just like the M-2's have helped us..and thats whats so great the help you get from other classmates? Can I get a AMEN??

And if you have any questions or advice on things dont hesitate to ask it here or privately...the Class of 2007 is all about the helpin'...

:clap:

Ca$H MaNi

Congratulations everyone in the NSU class of 2008!!! I wanted to get that out there, as well as bring this thread closer to the front (hehehehehe).

Any questions you have please ask. We are all very able and willing to help!!!

To the OP... congrats. Maybe we'll be classmates next yr (accepted in October).

I'm IN:)

NSU-COM CLass of 2008!!!!!

Found out yesterday via email that I've been accepted to NSU! I guess, I'll get it by certified mail next week sometime....

Umm, how are the out of staters going about their housing quest?

Wohoooo

housing... hmmm.

i havent even looked into it yet :)

my plans are to move sometime in early july-ish so house hunting will be maybe summer time :confused:

dont forget to check out the unofficial website put out there..

go to : www.nsucom.info
then click on message forums and register a user ID and password...there is an area for the class of 2008 intros etc...

once again congrats...

It sure was a bit chilly today.....a blistering 68 degrees...ahhh how i love the south florida sun!

$ Mani $

Has anyone heard when school is going to start next year? I'm spending the summer in Europe and I don't want to have to come home one second before I have to!

I'm in too. :D
I have sent in my first deposit but have subsequently been accepted to NYCOM and UNECOM. I really felt good at NSU and I was def. turned on to the school.

I had the worst interview experience. My interviewer was sarcastic, condescending, and he asked pointed questions directly in responce to my personal statement. I was sure I had no chance. I go to BU and I was wearing my BU tie that day and he had commented on it as I was getting up to leave the room once we had shaken hands. He said--"Is that a BU tie you have on?" I said "yes it is, I wasn't sure if you had noticed." He said "you know we have NSU ties here as well." I then said "well I hope one day I will have the honor of wearing one." hahahaha. He laughed and I laughed and I wasn't sure whether I just sealed my rejection or maybe that helped me get accepted. I was a wreck. I guess it worked out though b/c 24 hours later I got an acceptance via e-mail!! :clap:

I just need to decide if I should go to NSU or NYCOM. Anyone have any thoughts on why I should go to NSU instead, will it matter?

:cool:
BS

boston

check your PM

Just got my acceptance today! It's definitely going to be a tough decision, although medical school in south Florida sounds really good right now while I'm stuck in the middle of an Ohio snowstorm.... :cool:

Congrats NSU-COM Class of 2008!

I finally got the certified mail today. There wasn't any additional housing information included with it.

In an earlier posting I asked about off campus housing. Some very kind NSUCOM M1s and M2s gave their input. Here are some names of places:

Cedar Key
Surforest
Poinciana Lakes
Davie Crossings
Palm Trace Land
Cameron Cove

I've got two questions:

1) If I put down a deposit for on campus housing and then decide to go off campus, will I be able to get my on campus deposit back? I spoke to a woman in Housing and she seemed evasive.

2) I wanted to start filling out FAFSA now...but how do I determine the budget if I'm not sure about the housing situation? When I called Fin Aid Office, they said I needed to figure that out first.

The acceptance package did not enclose dates for orientation and such. Does anyone know specific numerical dates? I'm not going to be in the country May-Junish and I really wanted to take care of all these things before I left. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot. Share info!

don't forget UNIVERSITY PARC as a possible residence...its the newest condo/(own or rent) place in the Davie area....really awesome place....beautiful condos ...My roommate and I have a 2 bed/2 bath with beautiful vaulted ceilings, washer and dryer in the unit, patio overlooking the beautiful pool/bar area....its very quiet and has GREAT landscaping...they maintain the premises pretty well. Check it out if you're in the area...oh and you can avoid the traffic of University Drive by driving thru Sunforest and then its like a minute drive to school.....its far enough away that you dont see the school in your window but close enough to roll out of bed late and still make it to class on time..if you wanna go that is...haha:p
$ Mani $

Congrats to everyone, I will also be joining you all in August!:thumbup:

Hey everyone, I don't know if you guys know this already but NSU has an unoffical website created by their students, it has a lot of good stuff on it (like a message forum like this but only for NSU students) so check it out.

http://www.nsucom2006.com

Waddup ya'll! I'm excited to meet everyone as an incoming M1 next year. I was wondering about off-campus housing thats close to the campus (i.e a 5-15 minute walk/easy bike ride). I'm kind of a roll out of bed 5 mins :sleep:. before class person, so being close is important to me . Can any current students list the names of some of these places?

Also, is it difficult to find a place at this time? Are the best locations already filled up and such? This seems so difficult without knowing anything about the area...

Thanks in advance and congrats to everyone :hardy:, peace.

that NSU website I gave earlier has a pretty good breakdown of apartments that are close to campus. http://www.nsucom2006.com

in the message forums on that site people are beginning to look for roommates too... though there hasn't been many posts, I think it's mainly b/c people don't know about the website.

I'm in. Can't wait to meet everyone in August? Since I haven't heard anything, I have no idea when school starts. Philly weather has been horrible. I know Weather is no reason to pick a school, and it was not mine, but it sure doesn't hurt.

Weather was one factor why I chose medicine. Get horribly sick during those Ohio late winters.

medic24 - you're from philly? that's where i'm from... there are actually a lot of people from the philly here at NSU... i guess we all wanted to get away from the snow :D

school should most likely start mid-august for you guys... i think our first day of class this year was august 11th.

as far as housing goes, there are plenty of nice places to live around school... i live in cedar key, which is the closest (it takes me less than five minutes to walk from my door to steele aud.). so if you're looking for convenience more than anything, that's probably the way to go...

congrats to everyone... let me know if you have any questions about cedar key or NSU...

Originally posted by jd star
i guess we all wanted to get away from the snow :D

What are you afraid of, jd???

LOL

Hope all is well.

Has anyone ever heard of a case in which the admissions committee recommends an applicant but the dean rejects them? I was just wondering. At the end of my interview last week one of the doctors said, "I am sure you will hear a positive response however the final decision rests with the dean". So, I hope this means I get accepted, I guess I will know on Wednesday for sure. Hope to join all of you in the class of 2008.

Best,
HK:cool:

I wouldn't sweat it. You could not have gotten more positve feedback. Good luck!

Um, I mailed in my acceptance fee early last week. I'm not sure if it reached NSU. I've been trying to get a hold of them all day. I left voicemail and emailed them as well. Tomorrow's my "deadline." What if it hasnt reached them?

Originally posted by Rahel828
Um, I mailed in my acceptance fee early last week. I'm not sure if it reached NSU. I've been trying to get a hold of them all day. I left voicemail and emailed them as well. Tomorrow's my "deadline." What if it hasnt reached them?

I wrote about this a little eariler

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103243

In summary they don't send anything. You should be fine. Leave a message for Mary and she'll get back to you. Or if you try later in the afternoon someone usually answers the phone.

Homies and homettes of NSU 2008, whats the deal with all these deposits we have to make? The $250, $750, and $1K ones? I'm assuming/hoping these go towards our 1st year tuition? Does anyone out there know?

i am wondering the same thing as i get ready to fill out my second check...

:D

I'm living off loans now being in grad school..the 750 I probably can make but its the 1000 on may 15th that has me worried. Oh man.....I don't know where to come up with the money...time to sell plasma.

just out of curiousity,

what is approx. the average debt for NSU graduates? (hoping Quinn can answer this :D)

Just got the email and am jumping of the walls:clap: Can't wait to meet everyone.....anyone have suggestions in terms of buying a house/condo. possibly some good realtors??

Beer, Jack, and hopefully some girls will accompany my ventures tonight.:D

Congrats Houdy! I too was bouncing off the walls when I found out...go out and rock 'dat shiznittle
smileysex5.gif

I too am interested in buying a condo/house/apartment. Any help would be great peeps...