NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mail still comes tomorrow, so maybe we will get it then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time reader, first time poster! Just got an acceptance letter in mail!:clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited:
So exited! Check your mail everyone. Good luck!

Ugh still no news here, even though I went sprinting to the mailbox! Hoping it's just taking longer to get to Maryland...?

Thanks for the update though!

Long time reader, first time poster! Just got an acceptance letter in mail!:clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited:
So exited! Check your mail everyone. Good luck!

Congratulations :) You have no idea how popular your post is going to be!! I'm stuck at work, but I wish I could go to the post office!!

Last edited:
Thank you, imaclimber! I am sure yours is coming soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I intervied on Aug 23rd and live in Florida, so I'm sure mail got here faster than to other parts of the country.

Boo no letter for me either. Interview on 8/23. Mine is also going to MD... guess Ill have to wait until monday

I have to join in on the celebration....

Interviewed 9/1 and accepted!!!

ACCEPTED! Literally got the call from my mom during the second quarter of the gator game...couldnt hear at all but I should be a verizon commercial for that call getting through. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

:soexcited:Accepted!!

Interviewed on 9/1... got my letter saturday. I live in FL...

Good luck to the rest

Congrats to all of you that were accepted! :clap: and good luck to the rest!

Any advice about the interviews? I have 2 months to prepare, so just trying to get some feedback. Thanks in advance :D

Congrats everyone, that's really great news!!

Is anyone else interviewing on Oct. 6th? I think I'm going to take a mini-vacation and stay until Friday and I'd love to explore a little if anyone else will be there!

Still no news up here in MD... hopefully no news is good news?

got mine today! interview 8/30 live in VA

accepted!!!

interviewed 8/30... I'm from Michigan

3.59 cgpa, 3.48 sgpa
25 mcat

accepted!!!

interviewed 8/30... I'm from Michigan

3.59 cgpa, 3.48 sgpa
25 mcat

Congrats, you continue to bring me hope! If they don't call me for an interview soon, I just might shed some tears.

Congrats, you continue to bring me hope! If they don't call me for an interview soon, I just might shed some tears.

thanks! its still early in the cycle... you'll get yours!

"I truly enjoyed meeting you during your interview with us here at Nova Southeastern University on Thursday, September 1, 2011. I am sending you this notification to revise some information that you received during that day. Unfortunately, the Committee of Admissions was unable to meet on Friday to review your application. Therefore, you will not be receiving notification of your admission status by the end of September. The next scheduled meeting will be in early October. As a result, you should receive a decision regarding your status no later than the week of October 17, 2011. I apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused you."

The eff?! FML

So I guess for people who interviewed the week of Labor Day, won't hear back until the 17th either?

"I truly enjoyed meeting you during your interview with us here at Nova Southeastern University on Thursday, September 1, 2011. I am sending you this notification to revise some information that you received during that day. Unfortunately, the Committee of Admissions was unable to meet on Friday to review your application. Therefore, you will not be receiving notification of your admission status by the end of September. The next scheduled meeting will be in early October. As a result, you should receive a decision regarding your status no later than the week of October 17, 2011. I apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused you."

The eff?! FML

Just got the letter, ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 8/23

i was accepted today as well. Interviewed 8/23. Letter went to my permanent address though...not sure why...but I'M IN!!!!!!!

Accepted! Interviewed 09/01 and the letter reached NJ today.

Wow, class of 2016 is getting accepted already?

Congratulations....I think...

The 1st 2 years will most likely be the most awful years of your life in any medical school worth its salt, but at least you'll be miserable on a nice campus, with lots to do nearby.

3rd year kicks major ass here. Nobody takes care of themselves in South Florida, especially the Cubans.

Still no news up here in MD... hopefully no news is good news?

Hahah nothing for me either. Dont know what the issue with Maryland is. Oh well I got another acceptance today so Im not too worried but still...

Accepted!! interviewed 8/23. I most likely won't attend NSU so someone will end up with my spot. Good luck everyone :)

Accepted!! I interviewed 9/1 and the letter was mailed to my parents in CA :D wooo what a relief

Hey everyone that was lucky enough to get accepted,

would you mind posting your stats? I'm about to apply there and was just trying to see where I sat as far as stats and whatnot. Thanks!

Hey everyone that was lucky enough to get accepted,

would you mind posting your stats? I'm about to apply there and was just trying to see where I sat as far as stats and whatnot. Thanks!

AACOMAS cGPA: 3.23
AACOMAS sGPA: 3.37
MCAT 30T

Thrilled to be accepted and joining you guys! Congrats to all those who were accepted!

cGPA:3.43, sGPA:3.5, 30R

For all current NSUCOM students, how do you like your experience so far at NSU? Do you feel you are getting a good preparation for necessary skills like physical exams? How about preparation for the COMLEX? Do they provide you with prep materials for the COMLEX? (like FirstAid, Kaplan, etc.).

Also, how do you like the hybrid half lecture half case-based learning? is the case based learning challenging and helpful?

Is there anything you don't like (other than the tuition)? and Why?

Thanks for all of the insight!

Starting to sweat this one. Competed mid august and still no word. Guess I got rolled over in the rolling admissions