NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do they lock us out of webstar or am I just being an idiot and forgetting my pin...

webstar is working out fine for me.

anyone else get an e-mail about the dress code and conduct docs?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else move this school way up on their list post interview? The campus is beautiful

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we need to print out the signature form and mail it??

Nvm. I just faxed it.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, I just interviewed yesterday and it's already been said by a lot of other people but it was not stressful at all so anybody still waiting no need to worry. Everybody was really nice, from the M1's who gave us a tour and answered any questions we may not have wanted to ask the faculty, all the way up to the dean, who was a really genuine guy with a hell of an interesting life. He had a funny or interesting anecdote for just about every part of the country somebody was from, and he seems to really enjoy talking with students, which is a huge plus in my book. To sum it up I'll just say I was highly impressed by everything I saw and heard yesterday. Good luck to everybody!

I agree with what jso89 has to say. I think we all had one on one interviews. It almost seemed like there is a list of questions all of them ask, and they are all pretty much listed in the interview feedback. However, some interviewers were said to be a little tougher than others. I think it's all the same questions, but some interviewers responded back with lots to say, while some were a little less chatty/friendly. People were from everywhere: CA, TX, NJ, OH, someone who lived 5 minutes away.

The campus looks really nice, especially the library. The dean really sold me on the school. Anastasia, who I think is the admissions counselor, specifically told us that they will not be using Webstar to update any statuses about admissions. She said it will take closer to 3 weeks than 2 to get responses back to us because the dean is super swamped at this time. She could guarantee snail mail but they said the administration was still deciding on whether to send out emails or not (weird). The students seem happy and the existing residencies is a huge plus. Good luck to everyone!

Great day, laid-back interview. I really hope they e-mail out the decisions, I hate having to check my mailbox every day in 110 degree heat!

Chillin at the airport now, waiting on my flight to ft. lauderdale... interview is tomorrow. Good luck to everyone with interviews this week!

Got excited when I got an email, but it just read:
"We are pleased to acknowledge today's receipt of the following document(s) for admission to Nova Southeastern University:
  • TECHST
  • DRESSC"

Is anyone else getting lots of repeat emails from them? I got some of the early emails multiple times and I've gotten the email confirming my interview date 4 times...

Is anyone else getting lots of repeat emails from them? I got some of the early emails multiple times and I've gotten the email confirming my interview date 4 times...
YES, same here. I think they're having problems with whatever program IT set up for them. It's definitely acting odd

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed on 8/23. Any idea when we should get a response?!

I interviewed on 9/1 and they told us to expect something in about 2-3 weeks. I could be wrong, but I got the impression that the admissions committee only meets one day every few weeks and gets through as many files as they can in that day. So it's possible that they only recently met (or maybe they haven't even met yet this year) and all of us will start hearing around the same time.

They said they need to review like 60-80 applicants, so that probably means your interview group will get reviewed along with our group. I was also 9/1.

Got excited when I got an email, but it just read:
"We are pleased to acknowledge today's receipt of the following document(s) for admission to Nova Southeastern University:
  • TECHST
  • DRESSC"
I got the same email lol anyone kno wut this code means?!? :D

I interviewed on the 23rd, I remember them saying they'd email us around the end of September, seems awfully late to me though

well DRESSC sounds like Dress code...and the TECH sounds like those technical requirements schools have u sign

Yeah, remember they had everybody sign that paper at the beginning of the day when they showed the video? That was a dress code and the required technical standards.

I interviewed on the 23rd, I remember them saying they'd email us around the end of September, seems awfully late to me though

Yes it does seem like a really long time...

The wait kills :confused:

I don't care what anyone says, Dr. Silvagni's mustache is by far the most BA thing on the campus.

The dean is definitely a chill person, it was kind of interesting listening to him talk to us during the lunch. And as Ravensgal said earlier, he seemed to have a quip about every applicant's location. At least his humor is there.

I emailed NSU about how and when decisions would be made for the people that interviewed before this week.

The response was:

"The admissions decision will be sent by letter. I spoke with the admissions counselor and the first Committee on Admissions met last Friday. Decisions should be forthcoming within a week."

Check your mail!

Cheers

I emailed NSU about how and when decisions would be made for the people that interviewed before this week.

The response was:

"The admissions decision will be sent by letter. I spoke with the admissions counselor and the first Committee on Admissions met last Friday. Decisions should be forthcoming within a week."

Check your mail!

Cheers

Thanks for looking into it and letting the rest of us know. First meeting was 9/2 huh? I hope that included all of us who interviewed on 9/1. Good luck to everybody waiting and everybody still waiting for interviews.

Thanks for looking into it and letting the rest of us know. First meeting was 9/2 huh? I hope that included all of us who interviewed on 9/1. Good luck to everybody waiting and everybody still waiting for interviews.

:xf::xf::xf:

This means the decision is going to my house (aka my parents) and they're gonna have to tell me. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Think the letters have been mailed out already? What's the ETA, friday of next week?

Interview Invite this morning! Nice early morning surprise :love:

Got an interview invite email this morning! First one so I'm really excited!
Called and booked it for November 15. The earliest date is Nov 3.

I hope some decisions are made this week!!

That's what my interviewer told me; the first committee meeting would be 9/2 and decisions are made there and the mailings come out 1-2 weeks after.

Anybody interviewing on Sept. 20th and wanna keep company on Sept. 19th?

Is anyone else who has already interviewed obsessively checking this thread to see if anyones gotten letters yet? lol

Is anyone else who has already interviewed obsessively checking this thread to see if anyones gotten letters yet? lol

Glad I'm not the only one. I really wish they would have just e-mailed us, but I guess being patient for another week or two won't kill me.

Glad I'm not the only one. I really wish they would have just e-mailed us, but I guess being patient for another week or two won't kill me.
So we're not getting an e-mail then? Just notified by letter?

So we're not getting an e-mail then? Just notified by letter?

When I interviewed on 9/1 the admissions counselor said they were still discussing it but as of then she could only say for sure that we would hear by snail mail. I believe somebody earlier in this thread called NSU and was told that we will only be hearing by letter but I may have misread that.

When I interviewed on 9/1 the admissions counselor said they were still discussing it but as of then she could only say for sure that we would hear by snail mail. I believe somebody earlier in this thread called NSU and was told that we will only be hearing by letter but I may have misread that.
Okay, thanks. I interviewed on 8/30 and hadn't heard that.

Got an interview invite email this morning! First one so I'm really excited!
Called and booked it for November 15. The earliest date is Nov 3.

I got the email today and will be interviwing Nov 15 too! It's also my first interview invite, super excited!! See you there! :)

For anyone still waiting after receiving new MCAT scores, I would call them and check your status. After not hearing anything for a couple weeks after getting my new scores, I just called and they said my status wasn't updated even though they received my scores but that they would change it so that the admissions committee would receive my application and be able to consider it. I've contacted individual people at the school in the last week (with no return calls) but not the general number for admissions. Hopefully now I'll hear something about an interview. *fingers crossed*

For anyone still waiting after receiving new MCAT scores, I would call them and check your status. After not hearing anything for a couple weeks after getting my new scores, I just called and they said my status wasn't updated even though they received my scores but that they would change it so that the admissions committee would receive my application and be able to consider it. I've contacted individual people at the school in the last week (with no return calls) but not the general number for admissions. Hopefully now I'll hear something about an interview. *fingers crossed*

The same exact thing happened to me!! Webstar wasn't updated with my new scores, so I emailed them and they said they'd look into it. I got the interview invite the next day. Good luck, crossing my fingers for you!! :)

I WISH THEY HAD STUCK WITH END OF THE MONTH. ARG. then i wouldnt be having a heart attack every single time i think maybe i'm going to hear!!! You guys realize that its probably going to be the end of the month anyway, even though they said one to two weeks. :(

I was also 9/1! I'm the guy from FL :oops:

I emailed Anastasia last night... no answer yet :poke:
Stuck at work and cant check the mailbox but I'm assuming nothing came in anyone's mailbox from the lack of posts?

I've got nothing. So much for two weeks. Haha I feel like we should make a telephone tree so that we all know when someone gets a letter! lol