NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I took it again and it got a bit better but not by much. I applied to DO schools semi late in the cycle(Nov) since my second MCAT attempt was in October so that didn't really help my chances, so here I am again for try number two.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I took it again and it got a bit better but not by much. I applied to DO schools semi late in the cycle(Nov) since my second MCAT attempt was in October so that didn't really help my chances, so here I am again for try number two.

So did you get an interview and they actually
told you they were wanting you to retake it again or did you call later and ask why you weren't selected?

They told me in the interview they wanted me to take it again and thought that I "should' have better luck. So when I walked out of the interview I wasn't confident I was going to get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me in the interview they wanted me to take it again and thought that I "should' have better luck. So when I walked out of the interview I wasn't confident I was going to get accepted.

Was the interview at the school or over skype? If they gave you an interview I would think that they more or less wanted to check for interpersonal skills versus you academic record since they had that before the interview...sorry for all the questions, your just the first person I've spoken with whose been through the whole process.

Nope while in the interview. To paraphrase what Dr. Dribin said to me is "you have a strong application, good gpa, recommendations etc. I think if you took the MCAT again you would do well enough be able to apply to Medical Schools no problem without having to do a program that has an extra year".

It depends also like where you are in your life and what else have you done i.e a medical masters at usf or something like that. If you're coming straight from undergrad like I was and you have a strong application besides your mcat they may tell you to try again.
So they're looking for someone with a decent/high GPA and multiple mcat tries? My GPA and mcat are both pretty low and I've heard the program is highly competitive which makes me really nervous overall about my chances

I think it's more of a last resort program for those wishing to go to medical school but ones they know can/should succeed.

Like NoleGuy said it really depends on your case. I know people who got in right out of undergrad with one MCAT, and then people like me who had taken the MCAT 3 times and had been out of undergrad for a couple years and I got waitlisted my first attempt and had to apply again. However it is true they look for those with multiple MCATs due to the fact this is supposed to be a second chance program for those who can't seem to get that acceptance to a DO program. If you're invited for an interview, yes they wanna make sure you're not a crazy person lol, but they may also wanna ask you about certain aspects of your application (explaining low scores, GPA, why haven't you taken the MCAT again if you've only taken it once and you had a low score). I know the wait sucks guys but those invites usually start going out towards the end of March...hang in there!!

Hey

I applied, but after reading these comments idk if I'm that competitive. I have a 3.2 sgpa, 3.6 gpa, and under 20 mcat.

Any thoughts on competitiveness or personal experience?

Thanks

Hey

I applied, but after reading these comments idk if I'm that competitive. I have a 3.2 sgpa, 3.6 gpa, and under 20 mcat.

Any thoughts on competitiveness or personal experience?

Thanks

More competitive than me haha

Anyone in here applying and is on the dental route?

Reactions: 1 user
guys please, if anyone of you gets an interview, please post it here so we can all know where we stand , thanks in advance! :=|:-):

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm probably holding the interviews up I take my DAT Monday.. Haha just kidding, but I do take it Monday :depressed:

I take my DAT April 1st so, I think I would be the one holding it up if anyone is :D. I am really nervous about it because I haven't had a lot of time to study as I am taking 23 credit hours this quarter as well :(. We will see what happens!

Hello All,
I applied in February for the medical track and thought I would join to stay updated :) Good Luck to all who have applied!

This wait is brutal and its getting late in the game. Anyone heard anything?

Ok guys I need advice. I just took my DAT and I don't know what happened but I got a 16. My GPA is a 3.0 with a 3.1 science. Think I stand a chance?

Heads up, it's spring break right now...not sure if faculty is still on campus

Heads up, it's spring break right now...not sure if faculty is still on campus
I do know that a few people applying to the DO school itself received an II this week so maybe they are still at school and will be sending out II's to us all.

I do know that a few people applying to the DO school itself received an II this week so maybe they are still at school and will be sending out II's to us all.

II??? When u say applying to the DO school you're not referring to be MBS correct?

That's right! they are in spring break this week..... one more week of waiting torture....

II??? When u say applying to the DO school you're not referring to be MBS correct?
II=Interview Invite. No I am referring to the students that applied to the medical school directly a few of them received an II this past Monday. If I am correct I also think that all the professional students share the same hpd building so does that mean faculty is still there?

You're right, faculty is probably still here...I know the wait is rough, but people should be hearing something soon :)

Yea haven't heard anything yet, so starting to get a bit nervous

Did anyone attend their open house today ? I did and basically was told that they haven't called anyone yet and we should look out for an email invitation not a phone call. Anyone else hear anything ?!?

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone attend their open house today ? I did and basically was told that they haven't called anyone yet and we should look out for an email invitation not a phone call. Anyone else hear anything ?!?

Did they give an idea when those would be sent out, or maybe if they've already gone out.

I'm assuming invites start going out this week since it was spring break last week. From reading previous years' threads, it seems like this is around the time applicants will hear about it. Good luck to all!

When everyone posts if they got an interview will they also say when they had their app completed to give us an idea where they're at...cause I'm guessing they will start giving out interviews chronologically from when people had their apps completed. Thanks in advance!

hello, I have been complete since February and have not yet heard anything. Has anyone received an interview thus far?

Nope, I was completed at the very beginning of March.

Nope, I was completed at the very beginning of March.
And I believe that they are closed for good friday tommorow so if we don't hear back today this could be another long wait which does not make sense unless they have already started interviewing people.

And I believe that they are closed for good friday tommorow so if we don't hear back today this could be another long wait which does not make sense unless they have already started interviewing people.

My app has been complete since early Jan and I haven't heard anything either.

hello, I have been complete since February and have not yet heard anything. Has anyone received an interview thus far?

It's been a waiting game for all of us. Had mine completed the first week it opened and still haven't heard anything. From past students I've spoken to though this is normal and we should be hearing something soon.

Nope, not closed tomorrow. I do not believe interviewing has started yet...waiting is the toughest part I know but hang in there!!

I've been complete since the first week of January! It's kind of frustrating because I've been accepted to other programs but this is my first choice.

It's been a waiting game for all of us. Had mine completed the first week it opened and still haven't heard anything. From past students I've spoken to though this is normal and we should be hearing something soon.
Actually, based on the previous years' threads, most of the interviews are already scheduled by the end of March. So this is highly unusual.

Actually, based on the previous years' threads, most of the interviews are already scheduled by the end of March. So this is highly unusual.
Lets hope for some good news this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they email or mail out interview invites/decisions?

Anyone brave enough to call the school and ask whats up?