NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been on hold for roughly 15 minutes.
I will give it a try also. Maybe if we all start calling that will help speed things up a bit. Keep us updated!

Members don't see this ad.

OK, so I spoke to someone. They basically said as soon as the committee makes a decision on you, they will let you know. So if you're granted an interview/rejected, you will be notified right away. It depends on when the committee is able to meet and the woman had no information on whether or not interviews have been sent out, but she said they are typically sent in the form of an e-mail.

Reactions: 1 user
OK, so I spoke to someone. They basically said as soon as the committee makes a decision on you, they will let you know. So if you're granted an interview/rejected, you will be notified right away. It depends on when the committee is able to meet and the woman had no information on whether or not interviews have been sent out, but she said they are typically sent in the form of an e-mail.
From what I hear, they're pretty bad at notifying you on rejections

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard absolutely nothing. Maybe they think our apps stink and hoping for better to apply lol

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an interview invite.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invite! Complete first week in January

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone who is getting interview invites would you mind sharing how your received your invite (email or phone call), when the interview is, and maybe stats. This has all been such a waiting game for so many of us, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Thanks

Everyone who is getting interview invites would you mind sharing how your received your invite (email or phone call), when the interview is, and maybe stats. This has all been such a waiting game for so many of us, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Thanks
I believe someone on here spoke to admissions and was told that it'd be through email

Anybody else hear anything and willing to share more (I.e. Stats, when your app was completed, etc.)

I competed my app early jan and have taken the Mcat 3 times. Solid gpa lowish Mcat. There were also several dates to pick from.

Ya that seems to be the case with both of you that were given interviews (i.e. more then one Mcat). Was your app completed like the first week of January? Just wondering because mine was completed the 14th of January, so just trying to peg where they are at in the review process and if I have possibly been passed up or not. Also what was the earliest date to pick from, and was there an option to do a phone/skype interview or only in-person?

Sorry for all the questions. You two are just the only ones who have gotten interviews, so I expect you'll be getting a lot more :)

Congrats to all who have gotten invites to interview :clap:
Still waiting... I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything on my end.

Ya that seems to be the case with both of you that were given interviews (i.e. more then one Mcat). Was your app completed like the first week of January? Just wondering because mine was completed the 14th of January, so just trying to peg where they are at in the review process and if I have possibly been passed up or not. Also what was the earliest date to pick from, and was there an option to do a phone/skype interview or only in-person?

Sorry for all the questions. You two are just the only ones who have gotten interviews, so I expect you'll be getting a lot more :)

I'm pretty sure they only do in-person interviews, I have never heard of them doing phone/skype ones...remember they only accept a relatively small amount of people.

How many seats are in the program? Never really thought about that until now smh

Can someone who has been in NSU MBS or is currently in this program give me some insight into this "direct linkage" program? Is this a direct linkage program as in, if you get in the NSU MBS program, you just have to maintain a certain average (80%?) in order to be granted guaranteed admission? Or is it guaranteed interview only? How easy is it to maintain this 80% cumulative average? Their FAQ section of their website doesn't answer these questions...
Also, how competitive is it to get in this 1-year master's? (# people matriculating out of total applicants?)

You can call the school, it will lead you to an operator if you wait on the line, they will forward you to the biomedical sciences department. If you ask them to check your application, they will let you know if it's interview, pending, or rejected. Not really any guessing has to go into it if you pick up the phone.

You can call the school, it will lead you to an operator if you wait on the line, they will forward you to the biomedical sciences department. If you ask them to check your application, they will let you know if it's interview, pending, or rejected. Not really any guessing has to go into it if you pick up the phone.

Just called and still under review! Thanks for the tip.

I just called too since I'm also feeling anxious. I'm still under review as well which isn't a "No" so that's good lol.

When did everyone have there apps completed.
Mine was the second week of January.

Still under review as well! Feel so much better than knowing that I'm under review and not rejected just yet lol

I was complete second week of March

And nobody's heard anything yet except for the two that have gotten interviews?

sorry im late guys received ii on tuesday. scheduled interview today it looked like a few dates were already snatched up so invites are going out. remember not everyone applying posts on here. good luck

sorry im late guys received ii on tuesday. scheduled interview today it looked like a few dates were already snatched up so invites are going out. remember not everyone applying posts on here. good luck

Congrats. Can you share your stats please?

When was your app complete? I called today and they told me mine is still under review. (fingers crossed)

Mine is pending ? Is that different from under review ? I have been complete since January 10th

Has anyone received a rejection? I thought that they send those out right away once they review your app, instead of making you wait a month while they go through other applications.
I've only taken the MCAT once so I think that may be holding me back. They seem to be giving consideration to those who have taken it more then once and done poorly.

Has anyone received a rejection? I thought that they send those out right away once they review your app, instead of making you wait a month while they go through other applications.
I've only taken the MCAT once so I think that may be holding me back. They seem to be giving consideration to those who have taken it more then once and done poorly.
From what I hear, rejection notices are not on their priority list and are bad at sending them out

From what I hear, rejection notices are not on their priority list and are bad at sending them out

Man thats frustrating. Ya I think I'm probably rejected. I had my app completed the second week of January and I'm sure they've already gone through those. It seems like they've already given out a number of interview dates.

Anyone else have any backup plans?