NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke to the school today, and was told that they're still reviewing applications. When I asked if they have access to tell if you're rejected or not, they said that they can see it and will do so if you ask. But the lady placed emphasis on the review process not being complete for my application. I was complete end of march, those who completed around the same time frame or after me, you're on the same boat. So its not time to worry just yet. And I recommend calling the main line and inquiring your status if you applied early (pre march) and haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke to the school today, and was told that they're still reviewing applications. When I asked if they have access to tell if you're rejected or not, they said that they can see it and will do so if you ask. But the lady placed emphasis on the review process not being complete for my application. I was complete end of march, those who completed around the same time frame or after me, you're on the same boat. So its not time to worry just yet. And I recommend calling the main line and inquiring your status if you applied early (pre march) and haven't heard anything.
did you receive a interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting so impatient lol.

I finished my app in March and I'm still waiting to hear back. I keep calling admissions every day and leaving voicemails from them, but no response

So where is the interview? I'm assuming we go to the health professions division building ?

whats the latest you can hear from them whether or not you've received an interview? does anyone know if they're done giving them out?

whats the latest you can hear from them whether or not you've received an interview? does anyone know if they're done giving them out?
It should be any day now. From what I understand they're still reviewing and giving interview invites to applications complete mid March. So they can't be done yet, or atleast that's what I'm thinking since I'm still under review. They're also relatively behind compared to previous years.

How many students do they usually interview at each interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
they FINALLY called me back yesterday and my application is still under review :bang: I'm getting impatient

After decisions have been made, is anyone ever put on a wait list? My application is still under review.

After decisions have been made, is anyone ever put on a wait list? My application is still under review.

They do have an alternate list, but I think mainly for those who interviewed and aren't accepted right away (I know cause I was on it lol)

I had my interview already (Dental). The day I was interviewing they said they had twice as many applications as last year so this year they added more interview dates. Good luck to all! Fingers crossed...hope to hear from them soon because anxiety is through the roof.

Oh man. So the usual 300 applicants has now doubled. Oh Boy!!! But major congrats to everyone who has received an interview so far!! Hopefully, soon we will hear more news.

Oh man. So the usual 300 applicants has now doubled. Oh Boy!!! But major congrats to everyone who has received an interview so far!! Hopefully, soon we will hear more news.

Yes, they said they had about 600 applications to review...good luck don't lose hope!

Does Nova have any plans on expanding the program?

I wonder if the changes to the mcats help to create a larger pool of applicants. As in, some of the people applied to this program after one mcat attempt & then didn't want to retake with the new mcat changes.

ALERT:
I just talked to NSU, and they have now gone thru applications that were submitted or completed up to end of march. They went thru them this past Friday & mail or email correspondences will be going out shortly. Right now they are in the process of updating & will be sending out notifications soon.

I asked the lady if she could tell me if I have been rejected or not. She said that she cannot say nor can anyone in the office. I told her that I heard that if you ask they can tell you. She said it's against policy because it's sensitive information & that the representative misspoke. This makes complete sense to me as it would seem inappropriate to disclose that kind of info.
Anyways, FOR ALL WHO COMPLETED APPs end of march, we should get some news soon. Good Luck Everyone. Hopefully it's good news.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I heard a couple of weeks ago at the interview, Today May 11th was the last scheduled interview date unless they decide to extend it.

ALERT:
I just talked to NSU, and they have now gone thru applications that were submitted or completed up to end of march. They went thru them this past Friday & mail or email correspondences will be going out shortly. Right now they are in the process of updating & will be sending out notifications soon.

I asked the lady if she could tell me if I have been rejected or not. She said that she cannot say nor can anyone in the office. I told her that I heard that if you ask they can tell you. She said it's against policy because it's sensitive information & that the representative misspoke. This makes complete sense to me as it would seem inappropriate to disclose that kind of info.
Anyways, FOR ALL WHO COMPLETED APPs end of march, we should get some news soon. Good Luck Everyone. Hopefully it's good news.
Thank you!! i was freaking out i thought i was rejected already . I am sooooo worried

Had my interview today. They said that today was the last day they where interviewing and we would hear a response by the end of May or beginning of June. Goodluck to everyone that interviewed.

ALERT:

Thank you for that info!! And makes sense about phone notifications as when I called back few other times, I heard the same about if they can comment anything about rejection. Didn't mean to relay incorrect info in my earlier post.
Did you get the feel that they were still going to send out II for the end of march completions? Posts suggesting May 11 as last interview date makes me nervous

Gotta keep in mind that posters in this thread make up a small percentage of total applicants

Yeah, I think they are done too. Has anyone received an acceptance from Barry? And if so, what are your thoughts? There's mixed reviews

So I think interviews are over as well. Just called NSU, I was told decision is pending but that I should be receiving something in the mail shortly. They couldn't answer about interviews and transferred me to ms medina which went to voicemail

nope ,I interviewed on april 23rd ... nothing yet :(

At the interview, they said the decisions would be sent out end of May, beginning of June. I believe the last interview was May 11th, so I wouldn't expect them to have acceptances ready this quickly.

I think it seemed like they started much later this time, but I believe it is just because out of 700 people that applied, I'd say MAYBE 10% posted in this thread.

Good luck to everyone that interviewed and anyone that may receive an interview in the future!

Reactions: 2 users
At the interview, they said the decisions would be sent out end of May, beginning of June. I believe the last interview was May 11th, so I wouldn't expect them to have acceptances ready this quickly.

I think it seemed like they started much later this time, but I believe it is just because out of 700 people that applied, I'd say MAYBE 10% posted in this thread.

Good luck to everyone that interviewed and anyone that may receive an interview in the future!
lool 700 hundred people apply? really?

someone accepted yet??? omg this is torture....:boom:

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who interviewed!! That's so awesome especially how many people applied.
I didn't get an interview this year but for anyone who did, any tips?

If anyone who interviewed this yr who reapplied from last yr could give any pointers as to how there applications has changed would be greatly appreciated.

Again, good luck to all who interviewed this year

Congrats to everyone who interviewed!! That's so awesome especially how many people applied.
I didn't get an interview this year but for anyone who did, any tips?

If anyone who interviewed this yr who reapplied from last yr could give any pointers as to how there applications has changed would be greatly appreciated.

Again, good luck to all who interviewed this year

Thank you. My best advice (and this may sound cliche because many other interviewees have said the same) is to be yourself... I got the vibe that they really just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit for the program. Everyone was super nice and friendly, and that helped to not feel overly nervous. Oh, be able to answer "tell me about yourself" succinctly.
;) Good luck!

Has any one inquired as to how we will be notified ? By email or a call?

based on previous thread that I read, they will call you and let you know, but i'm guessing they'll send an email later on in case some people didn't answer or something.

I assume at earliest we will find out Monday next week, and as late as June 5th since they said the end of May/Beginning of June is when decisions will be going out. Nova has an amazing campus and cares about its students. The faculty members were so wonderful, and I'm a huge fan of the area. I'm absolutely on the dying to hear back boat as Nova has been my number 1 choice ever since I decided I wanted to become a osteopathic physician...I've been checking my emails religiously.

waiting for the interview...waiting for their decision...torture without a doubt...

I assume at earliest we will find out Monday next week, and as late as June 5th since they said the end of May/Beginning of June is when decisions will be going out. Nova has an amazing campus and cares about its students. The faculty members were so wonderful, and I'm a huge fan of the area. I'm absolutely on the dying to hear back boat as Nova has been my number 1 choice ever since I decided I wanted to become a osteopathic physician...I've been checking my emails religiously.

waiting for the interview...waiting for their decision...torture without a doubt...

Yes, it is only natural to feel like this when this is our dream. I for one feel the same about their campus... Got very good vibes from the school and this program overall. It is nice to have a mini support group going on here though, helps us get through the wait. Lol

Yes, it is only natural to feel like this when this is our dream. I for one feel the same about their campus... Got very good vibes from the school and this program overall. It is nice to have a mini support group going on here though, helps us get through the wait. Lol

No doubt. I'm glad at least everyone finds out together and not in separate batches.

Accepted as well!!! I'm so happy I can't even believe it. Just paid the deposit!

Accepted 3!! :soexcited::highfive::banana:lol
Interviewed April 29th