NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from the alternate's list heard back yet? (Med track)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah August 4th is orientation (Marleyn told me via email). Weird cause the med students have orientation on the 3rd? We should be receiving packets in the mail once their program office provides them!

Hey DocShah. So you were able to get in touch with them?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I just got accepted of the waiting list !!! so happy so blessed ...good luck to everyone else who is still waiting !!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting do you know if theyll be accepting any more alternates by any chance?

Hey DocShah. So you were able to get in touch with them?

I was unable to, but I see that we just received emails regarding our schedules and orientation is indeed Aug 4th.

However, was anyone able to join the facebook group?

i know orientation starts on Aug 4th ,but do we start school on the 5th ? have anyone received any shedule yet ??

I was unable to, but I see that we just received emails regarding our schedules and orientation is indeed Aug 4th.

However, was anyone able to join the facebook group?

I am also getting an error for the FB group as well. Liviglen, I was able to register for class already through Webstar using the codes they gave, so far none of the classes (except MBS Seminar) have a time or day, they all say TBA... The only schedule for now seems to be week 1 which they sent in the email.

wait ... for some reason I havent received this email ,when was this ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also getting an error for the FB group as well. Liviglen, I was able to register for class already through Webstar using the codes they gave, so far none of the classes (except MBS Seminar) have a time or day, they all say TBA... The only schedule for now seems to be week 1 which they sent in the email.
Never mind , i found the email.where you able to register for the seminar class?? cause mine says "incorrect code"

thank you ! you guys are the best! ;)

Did you just send in your grades and your scores? I guess I'm wondering because the process to enter postbacc programs is different.

Last edited:
Has anyone else from the alternate list been accepted??

I am applying to this program next cycle. Any input on GPA and MCAT averages (more or less) for the medical track. Also do they ask for sGPA and cGPA On the application? Ill be graduating with a 3.7 and taking the MCAT's in January

Does anyone know if a thread exists for current MBS applicants (matriculating Aug 2016)? Also, has this thread moved? I'm curious as to why there hasn't been any posting activity for over four months.

Anyone have trouble with the application online? I haven't been able to access it yet.

Anyone have trouble with the application online? I haven't been able to access it yet.

I cannot access the application link either. I plan on contacting the department later today to find out what's going on. I'll send an update as soon I can.

I would greatly appreciate advice from current M1/MBS students regarding my situation…

I’ve recently been invited to interview for the MBS program at NSU. I’ve also been accepted to another DO program as a first year med student, located out of the state of Florida (I’m a FL resident). The school where I have been accepted only has one hospital clinical site in FL. Their other clinical sites are located within the State of the school. I would like to know if this jeopardizes my chances of receiving a residency spot in FL due to the lack of exposure and auditioning time during my clinical years.

From my understanding a FL residency spot certainly isn’t an issue for NSU-COM graduates given they’ve earned it. Because of this, I am seriously contemplating whether or not I should become an MBS student and suck up the extra year in lieu of becoming an M1 at the out-of-state school.

So, at the end of the day my questions are:
1. Is my thought process with respect to residency correct and am I thinking this over rationally?
2. Would I have just as good of a shot in securing a FL residency spot regardless of school?
3. Has anyone, or know of anyone, that has given up an acceptance as a first year to go through NSUs MBS program because of this reason?

I would greatly appreciate advice from current M1/MBS students regarding my situation…

I’ve recently been invited to interview for the MBS program at NSU. I’ve also been accepted to another DO program as a first year med student, located out of the state of Florida (I’m a FL resident). The school where I have been accepted only has one hospital clinical site in FL. Their other clinical sites are located within the State of the school. I would like to know if this jeopardizes my chances of receiving a residency spot in FL due to the lack of exposure and auditioning time during my clinical years.

From my understanding a FL residency spot certainly isn’t an issue for NSU-COM graduates given they’ve earned it. Because of this, I am seriously contemplating whether or not I should become an MBS student and suck up the extra year in lieu of becoming an M1 at the out-of-state school.

So, at the end of the day my questions are:
1. Is my thought process with respect to residency correct and am I thinking this over rationally?
2. Would I have just as good of a shot in securing a FL residency spot regardless of school?
3. Has anyone, or know of anyone, that has given up an acceptance as a first year to go through NSUs MBS program because of this reason?

My recommendation would be to go to med school. You don't want the added stress and pressure of an MBS program if you don't need it. It's not worth the time stress and money. Plus, god forbid, something happens and you don't make it then you're stuck with just a MS degree.

Definitely go to med school.

To answer your other questions.. If you are from the state of florida and have close ties here and make it clear to residency programs that you want to come here for residency then you will have the same shot at a program here as other in state DO grads.