Nuclear cardiology board exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imlefunny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking to take CBNC exam this year but not really sure what to study. I've searched the SDN archives but not really found any information. Anyone who has taken it have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The best, most readable textbook for the boards is by Heller called "Nuclear Cardiology - Technical Applications". I know there is a DVD with 200 questions that is spot on somewhere out there, but by an obscure author and hard to find. I can't seem to locate it but will e-mail my colleagues and see if someone remembers. There is textbook by author Iskandrian which is huge but the gold standard. When I was in fellowship (graduated 2010), each fellow (we had 6 fellows) read 3-4 chapters and made cliff notes for all of us to use. It is not a hard test. I only studied 2 weeks for it and passed, but that does not mean you should blow it off of course!

I agree, it is not a particularly challenging test, especially as compared to the echo boards. It is surprisingly straightforward. I read the Heller book and skimmed through Dilsizian's Atlas of Nuclear Cardiology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks muzzlenose and sacrament, appreciate the advice. I will see what I can do about tracking down those videos but otherwise just focus on Heller and Dilsizian.

sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was trying to buy review books online and I see there are two Heller books, one is
Nuclear cardiology: technical applications,
and the other one is
Nuclear cardilogy: practical applications

is the Technical Applications one the one that is better for most people to use to study for ASNC boards?
Or did anyone read both? I do not think I will have time...

Also there is a book by Jaber with 200 questions,
Nuclear Cardiology review: A self assessment tool.
Is this one that a lot of people use to review?

I used both Heller books and Jaber
Also ASNC has a bunch of questions you can do prior to the test online
Would also read guidelines on ASNC website and watch the ASNC board review vides or go to their course
I have taken ECHO, Nuch and CT and can only tell you tehy questions are a hodgpodge from a million different angles and the more resources you cover the more questions you will be familiar with and be able to answer

Did you all have to take a Nuclear Radiation Online Safety course for Nuclear Boards, and if so, is the material tested on the exam?

Need help-- how are you guys obtaining credit for the 80 hour course?

I'm from a newer program and we are trying to figure this out.

Need help-- how are you guys obtaining credit for the 80 hour course?

I'm from a newer program and we are trying to figure this out.

We use CorScanPlus.com, $750, satisfies the requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,
I am new here.

Does non ACGME nuclear cardiology fellowship help to get in Cardiology?
I did residency from small community program, June 2015, as IMG, average scores in 210s without any attempts, no publications.
All inputs highly appreciated , Thanks!!

Hello everyone,
I am new here.

Does non ACGME nuclear cardiology fellowship help to get in Cardiology?
I did residency from small community program, June 2015, as IMG, average scores in 210s without any attempts, no publications.
All inputs highly appreciated , Thanks!!

Depends on whether that program nuclear is run by radiology or cards. If run by radiology you are not going to be exposed to cards faculty and then definitely not. If it is run by cards, even still, probably wont help that much.

Depends on whether that program nuclear is run by radiology or cards. If run by radiology you are not going to be exposed to cards faculty and then definitely not. If it is run by cards, even still, probably wont help that much.

Thank you for your input. Should I reject the offer for Nuclear cardiology fellowship? Or do CHF fellowship or preventive cardiology? Is there any advantage of doing any particular non ACGME fellowship ?

Thank you for your input. Should I reject the offer for Nuclear cardiology fellowship? Or do CHF fellowship or preventive cardiology? Is there any advantage of doing any particular non ACGME fellowship ?

I think a CHF fellowship or preventive cards fellowship will allow you to do clinical work and be exposed to cards faculty so that would probably be more advisable. Some people also consider a vascular medicine fellowship that is available at a few places.

I think a CHF fellowship or preventive cards fellowship will allow you to do clinical work and be exposed to cards faculty so that would probably be more advisable. Some people also consider a vascular medicine fellowship that is available at a few places.
Thanks a lot for your response. Really appreciated.

I would stay very far away from this course called CORSCAN. You will waste your money and experience lots of frustration on the way.