Nuclear Medicine Technology Questions..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pm82908

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. So I'm pretty young and inexperienced but the advisers at my community college don't really explain to me what I need to know. I haven't applied to the NMT program yet and this is my first semester. Applications are accepted in March of next year.

1. What does it mean when they say I'm pre-nuclear medicine technology? Does that mean I'm still taking the pre-requisites to enroll/apply for the program?

2. Their program is a 22 month program for an Associates in Nuclear Medicine Technology. My question is, if I don't get accepted this march(they accept 8 out of 30 applicants each year), what degree will I graduate with at the end of my 2nd year at my community college if I'll end up having to spend a third year finishing the program if i get accepted March of 2013?

3. I'm already taking pre-requisites for my major and this is my first semester. My GPA seems to be about a 2.1 because I made a bad choice of my math teacher. I'm going to put 100 percent in next semester to try and bring my GPA up to a 3.1. My question on this is what should my course of action be once I finish my NMT program in hopefully 3 years total?

Sorry if I seem .. uninformed but I really need some information on this subject because my community colleges advisers are really not doing their job :[ Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.