NULL under NAPLEX score transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxgem526

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does NULL under NAPLEX score transfer means you failed?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. It could be that you passed bc I remember seeing that when I saw my passing score.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think so. It could be that you passed bc I remember seeing that when I saw my passing score.

Thanks for your response. I am from CA and NABP doesn't post score for CA test taker. The first time I took it in 2013, I failed and I have NULL under my test score. But I know I did not really do good at the exam. This time I know I did well but when I saw the "NULL" word, I was really disappointed. I guess I just have to wait for the letter from CA Board of Pharmacy. I just have to put my trust in God that there is a miracle. Thank you for giving me a little hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi ! I saw your post about "NULL" under the score transfer but still passed NAPLEX. I also have NULL under the score transfer. Do you think this has nothing to do with passing the NAPLEX? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response. I am from CA and NABP doesn't post score for CA test taker. The first time I took it in 2013, I failed and I have NULL under my test score. But I know I did not really do good at the exam. This time I know I did well but when I saw the "NULL" word, I was really disappointed. I guess I just have to wait for the letter from CA Board of Pharmacy. I just have to put my trust in God that there is a miracle. Thank you for giving me a little hope.
I also have NULL under the score transfer. Do you think this has nothing to do with passing the NAPLEX? Thank you.

Did any of you guys figure out if the "null" under score transfer haave anything to do with passing or not?

I passed the NAPLEX, and I have NULL under score transfer

Wow thank you for a quick response. You made me feel so much better. At least now I have some hope. Thank you!

Hi It23,
I am from California as well and also have "NULL" under score transfer. You said you passed NAPLEX even though you have NULL under score transfer? Because this is my second time and I had NULL score transfer first time when I failed NAPLEX. Thank you.

Are you from California?
I just took Both exams in MI. It states null next to MPJE and Naplex score. I called NABP and was told that Michigan does not allow score posting therefore no score transfer would be allowed until the score has been reported by MI.

I just took Both exams in MI. It states null next to MPJE and Naplex score. I called NABP and was told that Michigan does not allow score posting therefore no score transfer would be allowed until the score has been reported by MI.
Thank you for your reply. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Null means fail, today I got my score via mail. I messed up my exam because there were a lots of calculations n I got confused.

Hi, I just took my Naplex in MI and it states "Null" next to my score however, I was able to proceed through the license transfer button on the left side.
Did you pass? Or does this mean I failed?

Hi It23,
I am from California as well and also have "NULL" under score transfer. You said you passed NAPLEX even though you have NULL under score transfer? Because this is my second time and I had NULL score transfer first time when I failed NAPLEX. Thank you.
Hi, I'm from CA as well and I got NULL under score transfer and it's been 5 days (3 business days) since I took my exam. Does this mean I failed?

I have null too may I ask it means fail or not if you got your result?thanks

Would you provide a screen shot if the "null" .... I'm curious what it looks like. I took NAPLEX for California earlier this month. I didn't have the "null" anywhere... just "score transfer" option. I passed.

for those of u who took the California Naplex after getting ur scores in the mail, is it supposed to also be posted online?
Cuz I got my score in the mail but nothing online.

Reactions: 1 user
for those of u who took the California Naplex after getting ur scores in the mail, is it supposed to also be posted online?

curious: when did you take the exam and when did you get your score in the mail?

CA won't allow online posting of the score. That's why it's a 14-30 days waiting period. Many other states get their scores online in 2-3 days!

If you go online for some people like mine under the transfer score shows " Null" but for others who passed as I heard there is a link to transfer their score. I am not sure if this is correct or not. That is why I am asking to find out if anyone passed with the null under transfer score or not?

I suppose if you're in California, you might as well keep on studying... especially if you haven't taken the CPJE yet.

so you passed with NULL under score transfer? i'm asking coz i have "NULL" on my score transfer and i took the exam in california. thank you.

so you passed with NULL under score transfer? i'm asking coz i have "NULL" on my score transfer and i took the exam in california. thank you.
In California, null under Naplex means Fail! I'm sorry, not want to hurt you! But this is true!

For CPJE, I could not tell anything from the website. The waiting will be forever. I got my result in 45 days. Good luck to you!

I would like to add my own experience in concern to “Add Score Transfer vs NULL.” I am from California. I passed NAPLEX on my second attempting. As you all know California Board of Pharmacy send your score through snail mail. During my first NAPLEX I did not remember seeing “Add Score Transfer” which happened to be the one I failed and it was shown as “NULL”.

On 9/29 I took NAPLEX for the second attempt. A few days after I took the exam I notes the "Add Score Transfer" option was shown under action required.

Then I began doing reading all over the web searching what that does it mean. Before I reached to a conclusion I waited my result and found out I passed. Yes, it was such a relief — finally to see the light of becoming practicing pharmacist in CA.

I believe the “Add Score Transfer” is more of an indication that you passed rather than you failed from my own personal experience.

Remember the NABP does not know when you will get the score but they will assume you will be informed soon once they send out your score to the CBOP. They have no saying when or how you will get your score; therefore, once they send your score to the state board their record show “Add Score Transfer” if you pass and “NULL” if you do not.

I also do not think they have time to wait and change to Add Score Transfer once you get your score. How do they even know you received your score especial when you get your score in snail mail.

So far from my research I have never see anyone claiming they failed NAPLEX while the “Add Score Transfer” shown on their NABP profile screen under action required. Therefore for those who failed NAPLEX show “NULL” instead of “Add Score Transfer”.

My experience applies only on the California Board of Pharmacy.

This room has helped me through ups and down and I would like to wish you all the best.

Never give up even if the first or the second one did not go as you thought. There is always a chance of passing NAPLEX and never listen to the Naysayers.

Good-luck to all of you and thank you all for participating!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I want to second the post above.

I'm from California, took the naplex this month, two days later they closed out my registration and a link to "add score transfer" showed up under the required actions. Im still waiting for the mail for the actual score, but I have the option to click the link and proceed with choosing which states to send my score which I think is a good indicator of passing the exam..!!

I believe if you do not pass, it will state NULL with no link to "add score transfer". Because there is no score to transfer.

Think this is a good way to know if you passed or not in CA where we get our scores mailed. The letter will provide the actual score, but Napb website is a good indicator of whether you passed or failed within 2-3 business days of them processing your exam.

I know it's a huge stressful time preparing and taking the boards but it will be the last exams of our life for pharmacy, good luck and stay calm!

I disagree with the post above. Perhaps it could be random but I highly doubt it. I just got my scores in the mail and I just found out I passed. Prior to my scores in the mail, 2-3 days after i took my naplex my registration on Napb was closed and add score transfer was available. Reading through other post, I haven't seen a post where someone claims to have add score transfer and failed the Naplex.

I disagree with the post above. Perhaps it could be random but I highly doubt it. I just got my scores in the mail and I just found out I passed. Prior to my scores in the mail, 2-3 days after i took my naplex my registration on Napb was closed and add score transfer was available. Reading through other post, I haven't seen a post where someone claims to have add score transfer and failed the Naplex.
I agree I had the same message as ladyrx and received my passing letter in the mail later in the week. I also don't think it's random. NABP probably has to say something ambiguous so they won't be held liable by non online score reporting states like California. I have never heard of one person failing and having add score transfer. I also have not heard of a person passing and having the null message on the NABP website.

I agree I had the same message as ladyrx and received my passing letter in the mail later in the week. I also don't think it's random. NABP probably has to say something ambiguous so they won't be held liable by non online score reporting states like California. I have never heard of one person failing and having add score transfer. I also have not heard of a person passing and having the null message on the NABP website.
Hi everyone am new here I took my naplex on october 20 and I have null under score transfer and registration closed. So thats it this means I failed right? i have to go and study again so I can save time? Or may there is a hope?

Last edited:
Hi everyone am new here I took my naplex on october 20 and I have null under score transfer and registration closed. So thats it this means I failed right? i have to go and study again so I can save time? Or may there is a hope?

I have been a pharmacist for 14 years, but am trying to get a CA license. Because I took NAPLEX before 2004, I had to take it again last week on 10/19. Mine does say "add score transfer" and has the option to "register for NAPLEX" again, now that my status is "registration closed". However, my GA score from 2002 says "NULL"...probably because it's ancient. lol I don't know if it means anything or not, but I know that I didn't feel like I did great on the test. Did anyone take the CPJE recently? I had no input on what to expect and don't know anyone that's taken it. I finished it in about 30 minutes, and it didn't seem too hard, but I'm thinking I might've missed something or gotten an "easy" version... What did you think? I've also seen a lot of people saying that it might take months to get your CPJE score from CA. Is this one of those QA periods?