Number of Schools to Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think is a good target for # of schools to interview at for Med/Peds?

Thanks
FD

Members don't see this ad.

I personally like to err on the more cautious side and go for about 15-18 programs. But I've heard of a lot of people only going on 10-12 interviews and they matched fine. So it really depends on what you're looking for and how comfortable you are

I personally like to err on the more cautious side and go for about 15-18 programs. But I've heard of a lot of people only going on 10-12 interviews and they matched fine. So it really depends on what you're looking for and how comfortable you are

Thanks for replying. Wow 15-18 programs to *interview*? (I know Med/Peds residents who only applied to 20 programs total!). In general I have heard to aim for around 8-10 interviews

Interested in hearing what some other folks think as well (aim for 8-10 or 15-18 range)?

Members don't see this ad :)
bumping this... curious to hear others weigh in. i think i'm going to go for 12 as the season moves on.

Also interested to hear more views. I am thinking 10-12 might be a safe target?

I was surprised to hear 16-18 schools, as I have never heard that recommended from anyone in Med/Peds before. Also I have heard residency program directors comment on "interview fatigue" which occurs once applicants have been on many (10+) interviews

I have 11 set up right now out of 15 invites. Probably going to cancel 1 more and stick with about 10.

Waiting to hear from about 10 places which I assume most will eventually be rejections.

I've heard 10 is plenty unless you feel like your application is weak for some reason.