NY MPJE experience :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MShopes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the NY MPJE today and I'm pretty sure I failed it. I guessed on majority of the questions. I only knew like 10 % of the exam because most questions aren't even related to the laws or stuff I studied. VERY random weird questions. Majority are K type questions where I know only 2 of the answers but not the third. It's not a fair exam at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah... I just took IN MPJE today and I'm pretty sure I failed it too.. I don't even need to see my score. I know I failed it horribly.. Maybe I'll score in 50's. I think I literally knew maybe 10 questions for sure and everything else was really grey.. and it was even hard to guess those questions. Didn't seem like there was that one very obvious answer choice. Do you know if they update scores on weekends?

Damn, we are exactly the same. Maybe 10 questions I know for sure but the rest I'm not even sure about the guesses I made. It was out of this world.

No they don't. I have never heard about anyone getting their scores on the weekend. I think you will get yours on tuesday and I will get it monday or tuesday with you.

The wait is killing me. That's why I wished I would have taken it on a monday or tuesday so I can get it by end of the week.

Damn, we are exactly the same. Maybe 10 questions I know for sure but the rest I'm not even sure about the guesses I made. It was out of this world.

No they don't. I have never heard about anyone getting their scores on the weekend. I think you will get yours on tuesday and I will get it monday or tuesday with you.

The wait is killing me. That's why I wished I would have taken it on a monday or tuesday so I can get it by end of the week.

Yah.. I'm trying to remember some of the questions so I can check my answers with study guides I used. Have you taken Naplex yet? I was originally studying for Naplex, then I was like forget this s, and scheduled MPJE lol... I scheduled Naplex on coming Thursday but I don't wanna end up failing that one. I barely studied couple chapters in the rxprep... Maybe I should reschedule :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I passed Naplex easily. Dont worry, Naplex is a joke compared to this stupid MPJE. You will do great!! Just know your math and biostats well and everything else with your pharmacy school knowledge you should pass. I studied 7 chapters in total for 6 days and passed easily.

Advice: Dont try to remember questions cus the more you remember and you find wrong the more you will be depressed. Just let it go haha

Hey that's so encouraging. Can you tell me what those 6 chapters are? ;)
Wish you luck on MPJE. Monday can't come sooner!

Ok so math and biostats are KEY. If you dont know them well, dont even think about sitting for the exam honestly. Know all your formulas. Dont worry about normal lab values. They will be provided either in the case or also in a separate screen. ALL of them.

The other chapters are DM HTN CHF hyperlipidemia HIV Coagulation and briefly depression and opthalmics.

I would recommend looking at compounding chapter (especially non sterile) as well.

Everything else is a hit or miss. Naplex asks from all over the place. Some you will know some you will not.

Pay attention to the ALLERGIES. Majority of cases are full of allergies for patients and by looking at them, you can eliminate choices easily to help you pick the right choice faster.

Be careful with time. Leave adequate time as some people said they got hit with so much math questions toward the end. This wasnt the case for me but every exam is different.

Don't read the case first. Read the question first. Many times you either need very little from the case or you dont even need the case at all and it's just there....to waste your much needed little time!!

Good luck!! You will do fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man you are wonderful! Thank you so much for all the tips on studying. I'm just gonna put my thoughts on mpje on the side and start studying Naplex now! Update me on your status later. Hopefully a good one ;) I'm rooting for you!

Anytime!! And thank you so much!! I will let you know as soon as I find out! You too!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my God!!!!!! Congratulations!! You are officially done with ur student life!! Go out there and have some fun. You'll be an awesome pharmacist. I really need to add you on fb or something lol msg me!!

Took NY law exam and failed with a 69! Its so frustrating to fail by such a small margin, I don't know how to study more or how to study differently. I recently graduated from a NY school and worked in retail as an intern for almost 3 years. Passed compounding in January 2016, passed Naplex in August and just feel stuck with law; I've used Dr.Cuties notes and came across a few areas that Im still unsure of, can anyone help?? TIA

a) PA prescribing
: I understand that PA's have the authority to prescribe both controlled + non-controlled medications in out-patient or in-patient settings; but when are they required to obtain their supervisors signature? Is it only for CS? Is it only within in-patient/hospital/institutional settings? (and would the same regulations apply to e-Rx's as well?)

b) Partial fill of CS: in NYS after dispensing a 'partial fill', does the remaining balance become automatically void for C-II and C-IV benzodiazepines in any circumstance, or only when the patient asks for a partial fill? And does the "dispense within 72 hrs'' protocol only apply to situations where there isn't a sufficient quantity of that medication in stock? (Does the remaining balance of C-II or C-IV benzo's become void in this scenario as well?)

c) I understand that in NYS, CS prescriptions for "office use" is prohibited by law however, would a DEA registered practitioner be allowed to prescribe CS for their own individual treatment/clinical use, or even for that of a family member/relative? Or would it have to be prescribed by someone else?

d) Controlled substance inventories are required to be done biennially (every 2 years), but are the records to be kept on premises for 2 or 5 years? (I've seen both printed in Dr. Cutie's notes)

e) DEA Form 41: in the event of breakage or spillage, is it required for the disposal of recoverable or non-recoverable substances?

f) Do any members of law enforcement (police officers, investigators, attorney/prosecutors, etc.) have the authority to see patients prescription records at anytime? In those circumstances is the pharmacist required to let them access this information (and if so, under what conditions)?

g) In an institutional/in-patient setting where the pharmacy might have specific hours of operation, after the closing of the pharmacy department, does any member of clinical hospital staff (doctors, PA's, nurses, NP's, etc) have any level of access to the pharmacy?