NYC to Cali

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lkrph17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am licensed pharmacist in NY and been thinking about taking the CPJE. Just wondering if anyone had any advice about how to go about applying as well as for studying? And also if anyone from the NYC area is planning on taking CPJE in the upcoming year or so let me know, I could really use a study buddy! Its been 3 years since Ive been a student. lol :)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!

I am licensed pharmacist in NY and been thinking about taking the CPJE. Just wondering if anyone had any advice about how to go about applying as well as for studying? And also if anyone from the NYC area is planning on taking CPJE in the upcoming year or so let me know, I could really use a study buddy! Its been 3 years since Ive been a student. lol :)

Thank you!

Hi "lkrph17", I just passed cpje recently (examed on 8/19). I'm also out of state. My only study resource are RxPrep book and CA law from bop website. Plus some notes from the thread in this forum. The reason I only studied this limited information is my friend she licensed last year told me that cpje has very limited law questions and more detailed clinical questions. And she told me Rxprep book itself was enough for both Naplex and cpje. So I focused on Rxprep but all the details in the book. I reviewed the book very carefully 4-5x. I also read the CA law pdf about 280 pages and did some notes by myself after reading through it at least twice. My experience with the cpje was it was not that hard for the clinical/drug/disease questions, most of them I can answer and pick the only best answer right away, it's more like whether you know or you don't know especially for the generic/brand name things (I had no problem with most of them except the birth control pill questions since Rxprep contraceptive chapter is not that good at names). I do not remember I got any oncology question maybe I did but I forgot. I got a few HIV questions but they are also drug name questions as long as you know the common ones-->easy pick up answer. There are a few (about 5) strange questions like other people said, I feel that I cannot connect any of the 4 choices to the question. But they are not that many. However, I have to say my review strategy is very risky now for the new cpje because I did feel that it has more law questions this time, about 10-12 questions from my impression. And some of the law questions that as an out-of-state student not in the California setting, it is kind of hard to answer them. And it is not only involved retail setting but also hospital and some community regulation questions blended with controls. Good luck!

Hi "lkrph17", I just passed cpje recently (examed on 8/19). I'm also out of state. My only study resource are RxPrep book and CA law from bop website. Plus some notes from the thread in this forum. The reason I only studied this limited information is my friend she licensed last year told me that cpje has very limited law questions and more detailed clinical questions. And she told me Rxprep book itself was enough for both Naplex and cpje. So I focused on Rxprep but all the details in the book. I reviewed the book very carefully 4-5x. I also read the CA law pdf about 280 pages and did some notes by myself after reading through it at least twice. My experience with the cpje was it was not that hard for the clinical/drug/disease questions, most of them I can answer and pick the only best answer right away, it's more like whether you know or you don't know especially for the generic/brand name things (I had no problem with most of them except the birth control pill questions since Rxprep contraceptive chapter is not that good at names). I do not remember I got any oncology question maybe I did but I forgot. I got a few HIV questions but they are also drug name questions as long as you know the common ones-->easy pick up answer. There are a few (about 5) strange questions like other people said, I feel that I cannot connect any of the 4 choices to the question. But they are not that many. However, I have to say my review strategy is very risky now for the new cpje because I did feel that it has more law questions this time, about 10-12 questions from my impression. And some of the law questions that as an out-of-state student not in the California setting, it is kind of hard to answer them. And it is not only involved retail setting but also hospital and some community regulation questions blended with controls. Good luck!

Thanks for the information, I have just applied to the California board as an out of state pharmacist myself. How long did it take for the board to approve your application to be able to sign up for the CPJE. I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago and my check still hasn't even been cashed.

Thanks for the information, I have just applied to the California board as an out of state pharmacist myself. How long did it take for the board to approve your application to be able to sign up for the CPJE. I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago and my check still hasn't even been cashed.

Hi "drakegrad2011", for me, every application step takes about 1 month to move forward. I mailed out completed application with the check on the last day of May, I did not receive response from CA BOP the eligibility letter until the beginning of the July. Then I think I got the psi letter to schedule the cpje until about 3 weeks later. So I did not schedule cpje until the beginning of the August, which was ok to me since I was waiting for my naplex result to do the score transfer (I took naplex on 7/23 in my home state and got result online on 7/26). On 7/27, I scheduled my actual cpje on 8/19 and received "green" letter in the mail on 9/19. My cpje was taken in another state since my home state has no psi testing center. But I don't think it delays my result as you see the date. Overall, I did not have any problem with CA BOP this time and as I said, I got each response about 1 month. Hope this can help you! ; P

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi "lkrph17", do you live in manhattan? I am also planning to take cpje within 6 months from now.
Hey, I just got approved to take the exam. i know this is waaaay late response. I didnt get serious about it til about 6 months ago. Have you taken the exam? Let me know if you have any tips for me. If you havnt yet taken it, lmk if you would like to study together!

Thanks

Hey, I just got approved to take the exam. i know this is waaaay late response. I didnt get serious about it til about 6 months ago. Have you taken the exam? Let me know if you have any tips for me. If you havnt yet taken it, lmk if you would like to study together!

Thanks
omg this is waaaaay late response!!! i live in bk working in manhattan! if you havnt taken it yet lets study together! i wanted to aim to take it in OCT

Where did you find the cali law pdf 280 pages????