Nycom class of 2014!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterusmle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I didnt see a thread for our class so I thought I would start one and ignite a discussion. What are your opinions on our upcoming Trifecta? It should be called a quadfecta considering we have DPC as well. How are you guys dividing up your day to study for these? I heard last year pelvis and abdomen test was much more difficult than the first anatomy test that we had. Any opinions on this? It seems that to get honors so far this year will require 93 percent or higher. It's pretty crazy considering last year honors was 88 percent for the intro course. The means on all our tests are quite high I think. I think honors should be set like 90 percent so we are not forced to compete with our fellow students.

Anyways guys..study hard, and lets throw some ideas to our fellow classmates if you have any.

Members don't see this ad.

Last years class also had trifectas/ quadfectas, for every exam they took until the End of December a lower class average would be expected under those conditions. But 93 is an awesome goal!

honors grading came out today and they capped it a 91 ! which sucks for me at 90 : ( I wouldn't mind if i was like 5 points off but one point off, c'mon. Anyone know how much honors grading helps you out in the future anyway? Also does anyone know if my grade will show up as 90 on my transcript or just a P. And if it's P do they atleast rank us after 4 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
honors grading came out today and they capped it a 91 ! which sucks for me at 90 : ( I wouldn't mind if i was like 5 points off but one point off, c'mon. Anyone know how much honors grading helps you out in the future anyway? Also does anyone know if my grade will show up as 90 on my transcript or just a P. And if it's P do they atleast rank us after 4 years?

Your official transcript will show a P. NYCOM does rank us but we never find out our exact rank. In your dean's letter (written fourth year as part of your residency application package) they will list your percentile, top 5%/10%/25% etc.

Your official transcript will show a P. NYCOM does rank us but we never find out our exact rank. In your dean's letter (written fourth year as part of your residency application package) they will list your percentile, top 5%/10%/25% etc.

That's good to know, thanks !