NYCOM! Class of 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are a couple people who are saying second years lie, or that people lie in general about their success/progress. Don't let that be a discouragement to you. DO ask for advice, DO ask questions you have to the ones who are ahead of you. But remember that NYCOM can change things from year to year, so you might not have the same experience as someone else. That does t mean someone lied to you. Additionally, some people are better than others at different subjects. For example, I thought anatomy was pretty straightforward because I enjoyed it and I did well in it; someone else might say its the hardest part of first year. Essentially, easy and hard in med school is all subjective. You reap the rewards of what you put in. I had a great time first year, explored NYC, and was also lucky enough to do really well. My biggest piece of advice to you all is to relax these next couple of weeks and get yourself into the mindset to work hard, play hard. You guys are going to be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I got accepted to NYCOM in July and sent in my deposit and all the paperwork. I was wondering when do students get their Student ID cards and parking permit and stuff. Should I contact the school directly or is everything done during orientation. Thanks!

Hi, I got accepted to NYCOM in July and sent in my deposit and all the paperwork. I was wondering when do students get their Student ID cards and parking permit and stuff. Should I contact the school directly or is everything done during orientation. Thanks!

You dont need a parking permit. It iust a waste of time and you dont want that ugly nyit sticker on your car

I live in Westchester County on the other side of the river. I'm wondering if anyone would like to carpool with me around the White Plains area. Any place around the White Plains route would be great.

My e-mail is [email protected]