NYCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who haven't heard anything: Have you filled out their secondary???

Members don't see this ad.

No response...Applied and submitted long time ago (July)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question regarding the costs of attending NYCOM. According to the Information Book, the average indebtedness at NYCOM is significantly lower than many other schools, COMP for instance. Yet the total cost listed is one of the highest. Does anybody know why? Please share if you do! Thanks!

NYCOM:
Resident tuition: $44,405
Non-Resident tuition: $44,405
Supplemental Application fee: $60
Resident fees: $1,330
Non-Resident fees: N/A
Health Insurance: Can be waived
Average scholarship/grant: $1,089
Est. Room, Board, Books & Living Costs: $24,291/year
Average 2010 graduate indebtedness: $172,000

WesternU/COMP:
Resident tuition: $45,385
Non-Resident tuition: $45,385
Supplemental Application fee: $65
Resident fees: N/A
Non-Resident fees: N/A
Health Insurance: Can be waived
Average scholarship/grant (2009-2010): $9,082
Est. Room, Board, Books & Living Costs: $20,306/year
Average 2010 graduate indebtedness: $212,506

Base tuition at NYCOM, per year currently is $46,180

http://www.nyit.edu/tuition scroll to bottom

Also the lesser indebtedness if correct could also be attributed to more people at NYCOM having cash on hand to pay tuition each year than at Western, hence they graduate with lesser indebtedness. This is just a guess. I would think room/board at NYCOM would be higher than western though.

when do they interview until? Been complete since October, still waiting on word from this school. I know they are slow...

Nope, still waiting! According to last year's timeline it should be around this/next week!

called today, lady on the phone said II go out in January again....seriously, I ave to wait another month???

I called admissions a few min ago. "The decisions should be sent out shortly". Poo.

poo is right..."shortly" doesn't help much. This is the longest wait ever....Awesome you called though! Was hoping someone would.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed. When was your interview?

Not until 11/9, so it hasn't even been a full month yet. I am hoping for Friday! :xf:

I know they send them out in bulk, so who knows. To anyone who interviewed towards the end of November- What timeline did they tell you?

I interviewed 11/16 and I still haven't heard anything. Any word on when they will tell us something? All the other schools I interviewed at took at most 2 weeks.

I interviewed 11/16 and I still haven't heard anything. Any word on when they will tell us something? All the other schools I interviewed at took at most 2 weeks.

I interviewed 11/3 and they said give them a month.

Waiting is the WORST! When I interviewed last year my specific cycle didn't hear back for like 6 weeks and it killed me. Anyway, good luck guys it'll be worth the wait.

called today, lady on the phone said II go out in January again....seriously, I ave to wait another month???

So they aren't sending out any more invites until January?

still no response sabrina? i interviewed on 10thafter u so i'm waiting for ur results.

still no response sabrina? i interviewed on 10thafter u so i'm waiting for ur results.

Nothing :(. When I called Monday it sounded like the committee hasn't decided yet. The admissions lady said they are waiting on the committee. Sounds like I should be hopefully getting stuff next week.

Nothing :(. When I called Monday it sounded like the committee hasn't decided yet. The admissions lady said they are waiting on the committee. Sounds like I should be hopefully getting stuff next week.
Thanks for calling, all! Hope they send it out next week! Early xmas present please!

Nope, still waiting! According to last year's timeline it should be around this/next week!
ACCEPTED 12/8/2011! INTERVIEWED 11/3/2011!
Completed some time ago in August...
NY Resident (Manhasset YAH!), 3.7/28Q.
Good luck everyone =)!!!

ACCEPTED 12/8/2011! INTERVIEWED 11/3/2011!
Completed some time ago in August...
NY Resident (Manhasset YAH!), 3.7/28Q.
Good luck everyone =)!!!

Congrats!! When was it post marked?

I'm not sure! Came through snail mail- I got a phone call from my parents this morning!

Now I'm gonna sound like a crazy person but if you speak to them again, can you ask when it is post marked. Now I'm super anxious ;(

post marked December 6th!!!!
Have to reply by Jan 27.
No phone call.
Good luck everyone!

Accepted!!! Received the letter yesterday. It was post marked Dec 6th. Interviewed on Nov 8th. Very excited...will be replying with my payment soon!

Accepted!!! Received the letter yesterday. It was post marked Dec 6th. Interviewed on Nov 8th. Very excited...will be replying with my payment soon!

Congrats! Where are you located?

Congrats! Where are you located?

Thank you! I'm in Brooklyn, New York but I'm planning on getting an apartment somewhere near the school. The commute is too long.

Congrats everyone. Did anyone get anything about the DPC in the acceptance package or know how the application works?

Thank you! I'm in Brooklyn, New York but I'm planning on getting an apartment somewhere near the school. The commute is too long.

They do give out silent rejections. I'm a re-applicant this year and never heard a word from them last year. Sad, but true! But it's still November - I've also heard they're really slow....so keep your head up! :thumbup:

I'm not sure how anyone can put up with that. I'd be calling them every 14 days till SOMEONE gives me an answer. No way am I going to pay them an application fee to have them simply not answer? Haha, not in this life time.

Nothing about DCP in the acceptance package. I remember them saying that we will receive an application form in the mail.

Accepted today! Got a letter in the mail and interviewed on november 17. Letter was postmarked dec 9.

Ny resident. Mcat 29. Gpa 3.4. Good luck everybody! :)

Accepted!! Letter postmarked 12/09, interviewed 11/9.

Hey all, long time viewer but registered to post my results for NYCOM (and any other schools once I hear from them):

Applied 6/28
Interviewed 11/9
Accepted 12/8

GPA 3.5 MCAT 31R, from Long Island NY

Deposit due by 1/27/2012

NYCOM is one of my top choices and am really happy to have been accepted. The campus was great, located in the heart of the "hinterlands of western Long Island", and really enjoyed the orientation/interview day they had for us.

Last edited:
I hope they send out decisions to OOS applicants this week. It seems like the NY applicants got heads up first considering they were all from different interview dates. I am OOS and I interviewed 11/3.

Last edited:
Accepted today! Got a letter in the mail and interviewed on november 17. Letter was postmarked dec 9.

Ny resident. Mcat 29. Gpa 3.4. Good luck everybody! :)

Also got a letter in the mail today, and also interviewed on november 17. Letter was postmarked December 9.

Also a NY resident, also MCAT 29, also GPA 3.4

are you going there?

Also got a letter in the mail today, and also interviewed on november 17. Letter was postmarked December 9.

Also a NY resident, also MCAT 29, also GPA 3.4

are you going there?

Most likely yes. Deciding btw LECOM Erie and NYCOM as of now. How about you?