NYCPM '11 housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruth11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread coz I didn't find anything substantial except one a few pages down now..

who is planning/ already signed up to live in parkchester? They told me a bunch of the class lives there, if I can find something in manhattan, would that be an ok deal?...im single no fam commitments etc...at the moment I can take over a friends lease in midtown for below the price of parkchester so Im in a rut deciding

Also, to the upperclassmen, is there really an big advantage in terms of meeting people if you live in parkchester vs anywhere else in the city?

Members don't see this ad.

My fiance and I are both attending NYCPM in the fall and we were considering Parkchester but decided to live in the city instead. We found a place in Harlem within walking distance to the school and very affordable. Manhattan vs. Bronx is a no brainer.

Starting this thread coz I didn't find anything substantial except one a few pages down now..

who is planning/ already signed up to live in parkchester? They told me a bunch of the class lives there, if I can find something in manhattan, would that be an ok deal?...im single no fam commitments etc...at the moment I can take over a friends lease in midtown for below the price of parkchester so Im in a rut deciding

Also, to the upperclassmen, is there really an big advantage in terms of meeting people if you live in parkchester vs anywhere else in the city?

Are you talking about meeting people in general? Or are you talking about meeting people from school?

Members don't see this ad :)
well from what I heard, its easiest to get to know your class/ form study groups yadda yadda if you're living close/ with them, however, do they actually have a particular area in parkchester or is it just random apartments/ buildings and everyone is just sort of in a general area of the bronx or...
is there a particular set of buildings that nycpm uses...

thankx

I'm starting at NYCPM this coming September. I've been looking for housing in Bronx. I'm a bit reluctant to find housing through the school, bad memories of freshman year I suppose. All the singles are expensive for 1 person. For a few hundred more you can easily find a two bedroom place. My plan of action then is to commute from home for the first semester. With train and subway, it's about an hour and half one way.

After the first semester, hopefully I'll find someone who I'd want to move in with.

well from what I heard, its easiest to get to know your class/ form study groups yadda yadda if you're living close/ with them, however, do they actually have a particular area in parkchester or is it just random apartments/ buildings and everyone is just sort of in a general area of the bronx or...
is there a particular set of buildings that nycpm uses...

thankx

I am not sure the exact arrangement of Parkchester. I do know that they are not all in the same building. The development of Parkchester has several buildings and students are placed in apartments in several different buildings...but the buildings are all together. In my opinion, it is easier to study and hang out together if you live close to each other; but it is not absolutely necessary. You will know all of your classmates eventually because you will be spenting a lot of time at school with them. I split my studying time between school, Starbucks, and Draper where I live. You will also find that with a particular subject one study group is better, but with another subject another group is better. It all depends on what works for you.