NYIT class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future_Do2018

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I start a new thread.

If any upper semesters has any suggestions on what books are necessary, how a typical day is like, what study schedule should I follow, or any advise feel free to share.

Thanks again for all the insights.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi future DO2018 I also have the same question... I am also looking for a room to stay near NYIT...

I'm an OMS IV at NYCOM and I have never used a textbook, save for one lecture. I know the whole curriculum is changing to a more small group orientated approach though. Back in my first 2 years, I streamed the lectures, memorized the powerpoint slidesfor 1.5-2 weeks before the test and did fine. I really can't name one classmate who actively read the textbooks for lectures. It would be too overwhelming and the tests really only test powerpoint material.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has the match list been released?. Curious to see how NYCOM performed this year

thanks for the insight sport88877. Just like Doc2018 asked do you have any input on places where we can stay. Thanks

how about the residence hall of the school or dormitories... any feedback?

hey guys, I'm a bit worried re: housing .. I'm from out of state and planning to drive 2nd wk of july.. can the university help assist us where to find a good housing.. do they release info re: class of 2018...

hey guys, I'm a bit worried re: housing .. I'm from out of state and planning to drive 2nd wk of july.. can the university help assist us where to find a good housing.. do they release info re: class of 2018...
On the website they made for incoming first years they update a housing list every day or two with a wide range of housing costs to choose from.

thanks choutz... if you know somebody from our class looking for a roomate that will help me a lot

thanks choutz... if you know somebody from our class looking for a roomate that will help me a lot
No problem at all! I don't know anyone in the class and I actually live with my fiancé but I know there is a Facebook group (not on Facebook yet, but saw in other threads). It might have other people looking for roommates.

Hey guys! Excited to see you all today at orientation!

Is there anyone who attended lecture last friday and also read the embryology text? I started watching the lecture online and I could not understand what the professor was saying. My question is how does the material in the text compare to what he taught? The book seemed very specific about certain things and I am wondering if I should really know it that well. Embryology seems less important than the other subjects especially right now and I am unsure if I really want to dedicate that much time to learn it at the textbook level.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone else please post in this thread I'm so lonely.... One of my friends showed me a text from a girl in his anatomy group today. It said hey guys I decided that being a doctor isn't for me. I wish she would have figured that out before so someone more deserving could have gotten her spot.

That is real crazy! Definitely sucks for everyone who really wanted to get in! And just saw your message on the lecture from last week- as soon as he pulled out the playdoh I completely spaced on the lecture

That is real crazy! Definitely sucks for everyone who really wanted to get in! And just saw your message on the lecture from last week- as soon as he pulled out the playdoh I completely spaced on the lecture
Yeah a lot of people have told me that he is pretty much the worst lecturer we have. I read the text and I feel like I understand whats going on for the most part. I'm just reluctant to memorize what gene starts getting expressed at what point and everything it does. A girl in one of my groups told me to go look at the embryo questions on previous years exams. Apparently they are stupid easy. I really like our biochem professor though.

Yeah I've heard the same thing about him. You either love him or don't get it at all. That is great news on those test questions too! The biochemistry guy has been great so far! He's been worrying me about tomorrow's lectures though

Yeah I've heard the same thing about him. You either love him or don't get it at all. That is great news on those test questions too! The biochemistry guy has been great so far! He's been worrying me about tomorrow's lectures though

I had all these pathways and enzymes memorized in college so I hope it all comes back when I see it again

Cindy Is Kinky So She Fornicates More Often

I never took biochemistry in college so all I ever had to know was the basics...but I'm sure that mnemonic will stick with me!

I never took biochemistry in college so all I ever had to know was the basics...but I'm sure that mnemonic will stick with me!
are you serious? I can't even imagine how much I'd be panicking if this were the first time I'd seen all this stuff like O2 binding curves and metabolic pathways

Yeah a lot of people have told me that he is pretty much the worst lecturer we have. I read the text and I feel like I understand whats going on for the most part. I'm just reluctant to memorize what gene starts getting expressed at what point and everything it does. A girl in one of my groups told me to go look at the embryo questions on previous years exams. Apparently they are stupid easy. I really like our biochem professor though.

Thanks for the tip. I was so lost during that lecture. I still need to go over it

Hello all

I'm a current resident in Suffolk county but will be leaving in June 2015. Im looking to rent out my 3bed/1bath home in Bay Shore for $1900/month + utilities. Location great for people doing rotations in Eastern Nassau and suffolk county. The add should also be available on NYCOM webboard but can email details for anyone interested.
Thanks Matt