NYMC Tradition Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolguy111

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than duration, how is this track different from NYMC's accelerated track?

Is it easier to get into? Class size difference? Success rate into med school?

If anyone, who has done this program or is planning to attend, could chime in, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted to the traditional track (it's my first acceptance so far- yay!) and I would love to hear more about it also.

I would also like to start talking to other people who get in.....it would be great to get a thread going for people who want to search for roommates etc!!

bump! i am applying now..kind of late in the game, but oh well...plus i have a really low MCAT (21)...would anyone know the absolute minimum they'll consider? they say there is no min...but does anyone know what the min really is? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there are no med school classes, just graduate school classes. You take classes with other PhD and Masters students. It is a two year program. The accelerated track is the one year program in which you take med school classes.

thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, thanks for the info. I too applied rather late (June 20th), but darn it my app is still incomplete because one of my professors still hasn't completed the recommendation*sigh*

ANY more information on this program would be greatly appreciated!

For example: Likeliness to enter med school afterwards
What are their min. MCAT and GPA?
Linkage? Pros & Cons?
How are the class sizes and lectures?

hey, i got into the traditional track too! congrats to everyone else. i still haven't heard back re: on campus housing, so i guess i'll be looking for an apt.

anyone need a roommate? i'm coming from california, so i'm kinda new to the whole NY thing.

also, i still haven't received my official info packet. anyone else still waiting to get theirs?

see you all soon!

Hey, I got into this program too:).Excited but not sure about it :confused:I'm worried about improving my undergraduate gpa but kind of want to start over with a new GPA. I know that generally on these boards its been said that undergraduate gpa overshadows graduate gpa, just wondering if this also applies to osteopathic schools? Anyone knows?

So with this masters program, does it guarantee you an interview at NYMC or an acceptance??

So with this masters program, does it guarantee you an interview at NYMC or an acceptance??

I would love to know the answer to this question.:confused::confused:

Also on-campus housing is filled! How many people are still searching for off-campus housing? If there is anyone that's found housing and need a roomate.....please pm me:)

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm guessing everyone already has their housing situation straightened out. :(:(:(

sorry, figured out my housing situation already. best of luck with a program. also, in regards to a previous post, in terms of an interview at the school following completion of the program...

in speaking with dr. lerea, the program director, he said if you maintain a 3.4 gpa and if ALL ELSE is within reason, that they would most likely grant you an interview at the school. note this is not a guarantee, and i think emphasis is placed on the ALL ELSE aspect. that is, you have to have reasonable mcats, extracurriculars, research, volunteering, clinical, and the ability to actually speak to another human being.

granted that you have all that, and the ad com likes you, i think you get an interview if you apply to the school. but as always, those things are subjective, so who knows exactly what is "reasonable" to them.

congrats on the program, and see you when classes start. p.s., are you going to the orientation thing on the 27th?

sorry, figured out my housing situation already. best of luck with a program. also, in regards to a previous post, in terms of an interview at the school following completion of the program...

in speaking with dr. lerea, the program director, he said if you maintain a 3.4 gpa and if ALL ELSE is within reason, that they would most likely grant you an interview at the school. note this is not a guarantee, and i think emphasis is placed on the ALL ELSE aspect. that is, you have to have reasonable mcats, extracurriculars, research, volunteering, clinical, and the ability to actually speak to another human being.

granted that you have all that, and the ad com likes you, i think you get an interview if you apply to the school. but as always, those things are subjective, so who knows exactly what is "reasonable" to them.

congrats on the program, and see you when classes start. p.s., are you going to the orientation thing on the 27th?

Thanks for that info...its good to know:thumbup:

I wish I had my housing situation figured out though...I will be at the orientation on the 27th...so I'll see ya there.

Hey guys-- this thread is old, but I thought I would try it before starting a new one! How long after your application was complete did you get accepted/rejected?

Also, my MCAT scores were just sent in a day ago, I called the admissions office to see if my LOR was received and they told me I cannot check on that-- they will send an email if anything is missing. That kind of stinks! Anyone actually get an email telling them what they are missing from their supplemental materials?

I just got accepted to the NYMC traditional track for the fall of 2009! I am excited but I too would like to know more about the program, housing, current students in the porgram ect. If anyone out there has info, please share. Thanks a bunch.

ebunny-- how long after you submitted your application did you receive notice? (or after all of your supplemental materials were in?) thanks for any info!

Also, housing I know is really limited. As for the people that go there, I know one guy in the medical school and one in the accelerated track and they both LOVE it. I have also spoken with Dr. Lerea and he is very very nice, and proud of the program (which is always a good sign). Congrats on your acceptance!

Well I got notice that they recieved everything pretty soon. Like Two weeks afterI submitted my application. I did however have to call several weeks after that because I did not hear from them. I talked to the director who just asked me about my last semester grades. I sent him an e-mail with the missing info and got an acceptance in the mail last Monday. Three weeks after our conversation. Are you still applying?

Thank, and im glad to hear that people like the program. Im from California so NYC will probably be way different. As far as housing I have to start looking NOW!!!! If you have any suggestions I am open to them.

Any graduates of this program or current students able to share insight on the success rates of students going to med school who complete the program??

Are there any current students in the traditional track for NYMC or that have successfully taken it? I wanted to know how reputable and if it really is worth coming here. Also how the whole experience was.

Thank, and im glad to hear that people like the program. Im from California so NYC will probably be way different. As far as housing I have to start looking NOW!!!! If you have any suggestions I am open to them.

Hey I have been trying to go through the threads regarding the NYMC Masters program and it seems like you ended up attending? I was wondering if you could share your experience there.