General Admissions & OTCAS NYU & Columbia Waitlists 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTGRAD39

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has been Waitlisted to these programs? Has anyone been taken off the waitlist? I am hoping to get into either NYU or Columbia! The waiting game continues....

Members don't see this ad.

I called last week about students who get waitlisted and those who have not heard any responses yet.

Basically, it could take anywhere from End of April to August to find out if you're off the waitinglist.

Luckily for me, I got waitlisted and took myself off because of this. I will be going to my second choice because I can't hold off on decisions based on another school.

Good luck in deciding, hopefully you've made it somewhere else as well because the waitlist process can be extremely long and that's assuming you even get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you call NYU or Columbia? Did they say when applicants who haven't heard anything yet might get a decision? Beyond antsy over here :shrug: Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you call NYU or Columbia? Did they say when applicants who haven't heard anything yet might get a decision? Beyond antsy over here :shrug: Thanks!!

I called NYU. I got into Columbia and declined. NYU said that those who have not heard yet could wait until almost mid April to hear back (when the currently accepted have to respond by) and based on the responses, they most likely waitlisted or rejected.

Thank you! Just curious, why'd you decline Columbia?

Thank you! Just curious, why'd you decline Columbia?

Every OT I met have said that it does not matter where you go, you get the same education. I would have loved the name attached with NYU or Columbia but the 100k+ pricetag was just way too much. I feel like all schools as long as you put in the effort, will provide you with everything you need to become a great OT.

I was also waitlisted in both NYU and Columbia. If anyone hears anything about getting accepted from the waitlist, please post it :)

Got my status update e-mail from NYU today. I have been wait listed.
Even though it wasn't good news, I'm glad I finally got a response.
Feeling a bit of anxiety relief but now a million questions are going though my mind...
Does anyone have any idea how many people get accepted from the wait list?
Any rough estimates based on stats from previous years?

I was accepted to NYU but am declining my spot so there's hope for you! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know why NYU is sending out waitlist information so sporadically? I have been reading through posts and some people are just hearing back, but I found out I was on the waitlist back on 3/10. Anyone have any clue as to why this is?

I was waitlisted, got a letter in the mail back in March, but still haven't heard anything either @nsws13 Have you heard anything yet??
I have no idea why the info is being sent sporadically, but I hope someone who was in this situation last year can shed some light! Super anxious

I was waitlisted, got a letter in the mail back in March, but still haven't heard anything either @nsws13 Have you heard anything yet??
I have no idea why the info is being sent sporadically, but I hope someone who was in this situation last year can shed some light! Super anxious
I was accepted at the end of April! Sorry for the delayed response.

Also, anyone in the NYU program there is a page up on FB! Under the NYU group! NYU Occupational Therapy Fall 2015.