Program-Specific Info / Q's NYU & Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrOT15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to both NYU and Columbia. Any other future classmates here?

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting to hear from NYU. How did NYU contact you? Email or regular mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? I applied to both programs but have not yet heard from either one.

When did you hear back from both of them if you don't mind me asking? I also applied to both but still no response.. When do they want you to respond by?

I was accepted to Columbia on 3/3, and they want me to respond by the 20th! They emailed me with a notification that there was a decision in my portal. Still waiting for NYU and USC.

Hey congrats! Pumped to hear NYU's sending decisions. Did they give you an enrollment decision deadline?

Columbia 3/23 NYU 4/15 deadlines

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sensitive topic, but is there anyone who has gotten a rejection notification at this point from nyu or columbia??

Thanks! I didn't apply to Columbia but haven't heard anything from NYU.

After talking to a bunch of OTs (NYU, Columbia, other grads), I am choosing to go to Columbia. Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted to Columbia on 3/3, and they want me to respond by the 20th! They emailed me with a notification that there was a decision in my portal. Still waiting for NYU and USC.

Do you mean we can check the admission decision in the application portal (Columbia)? I don't see anything except that my application has been submitted. Where can I check?

@ananjyu they will send you an email to check your portal. It will be a brand new link under your checklist

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Columbia today and I am attending!
It took more than two weeks to hear the decision after receiving my checklist so even though you haven’t heard back, don’t lose your hope!

My checklist was in December so dont worry at all.

Last edited:
Accepted to Columbia today! I did not apply to NYU.

Accepted to Columbia yesterday 3/22 !! I have not heard back from NYU but Columbia was my top choice so I will be attending :)

Reactions: 1 users
No. I was going to sign up for the April info session but my alumna friend told me there will be an open house in April for those accepted.

No. I was going to sign up for the April info session but my alumna friend told me there will be an open house in April for those accepted.
Ok thank you! I was planning on going in May but I'm going to call today and see if I can find out about that. I live in Florida so if I need to go up next month I need to get a flight.

@slklein, congrats on your acceptance to Columbia and glad to hear that you are attending! :) I live in Boston so I am not entirely sure if I will be able to attend an open house, but I hope I can make it if there is an open house next month or later!

After talking to a bunch of OTs (NYU, Columbia, other grads), I am choosing to go to Columbia. Best of luck everyone.

Hi BrOT15,
If you a few minutes to spare, do you mind jotting down some of the reasons that swayed you to ultimately choose Columbia? I received my acceptance letter yesterday afternoon and since then I've been all over the map emotion-wise (decisions, decisions). I just really need to hear from someone who was/is in my shoes.
Thanks!

@slklein, congrats on your acceptance to Columbia and glad to hear that you are attending! :) I live in Boston so I am not entirely sure if I will be able to attend an open house, but I hope I can make it if there is an open house next month or later!
Congratulations on your acceptance too!! I called yesterday and they said there will be no open house for admitted students this year and that the information sessions are more for students that are considering applying to the program not those admitted. All there will be for us is the orientation right before Fall semester begins.

i still don't see where to get my admissions decision for columbia. will it be in applyyourself?

I got an email saying my decision letter is waiting in my application portal. But it still says incomplete application and doesn't have any new links. Did anybody have this issue?

I got an email saying my decision letter is waiting in my application portal. But it still says incomplete application and doesn't have any new links. Did anybody have this issue?
i'm having the EXACT same issue!!

i just called columbia and the system is having a problem updating application statuses. did this happen to anyone else?

i just called columbia and the system is having a problem updating application statuses. did this happen to anyone else?
did they say when it might be fixed/when we should check our account again?

did they say when it might be fixed/when we should check our account again?
they said to try again tomorrow, but i'm just going to keep periodically checking tonight

do you think it's going to be good news or bad news?
i have a feeling it will be bad news. if they have been periodically sending out acceptances and then all of a sudden a lot of people are having trouble logging in today to see their statuses, idk. it doesn't seem good. hopefully i'm wrong though

i have a feeling it will be bad news. if they have been periodically sending out acceptances and then all of a sudden a lot of people are having trouble logging in today to see their statuses, idk. it doesn't seem good. hopefully i'm wrong though
I was just thinking the same thing :(

that's what i was thinking too :(

rejected, but i'm not surprised. I've been rejected from everywhere that i've applied to.

waitlisted! first waitlist. 6 rejections, one more to hear from

Anyone know the chance of getting off the waitlist of Columbia University?

Anyone know the chance of getting off the waitlist of Columbia University?

I was waitlisted today! Which I am happy about :cat: It said on my letter that they anticipate having spots available during the late summer but could say that on everyone's letter! I hope people don't end up going to Columbia, haha.

lol, it says the same thing on my letter. It seems a lot of people are in the waitlist based on reviewing this forum, and most people who got accepted are attending

lol, it says the same thing on my letter. It seems a lot of people are in the waitlist based on reviewing this forum, and most people who got accepted are attending

Well it's better than nothing! And I've gotten far too many rejections to have another. Keep your chin up! Worst case scenario, make a deposit at a school that you are accepted to and just forfeit the money if Columbia ends up giving you a place. Not ideal but that's my plan! :D

Well it's better than nothing! And I've gotten far too many rejections to have another. Keep your chin up! Worst case scenario, make a deposit at a school that you are accepted to and just forfeit the money if Columbia ends up giving you a place. Not ideal but that's my plan! :D

Correction--I guess I just mean scenario, not worst case haha.

Haha, thank you! Hope we can both get off the waitlist soon!

Waitlisted at Columbia also but I have already said I didn't want to remain on the list. Hopefully it's not a long one for those who want to go to Columbia!