Program-Specific Info / Q's NYU & Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got into Columbia off the waitlist yesterday!!! So happy! Here's hoping to everyone else. See you in August future classmates :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got into Columbia off the waitlist yesterday!!! So happy! Here's hoping to everyone else. See you in August future classmates :)
That's awesome congrats! How did they contact you? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything I'm nervous!

That's awesome congrats! How did they contact you? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything I'm nervous!

Thanks! I hope to see you there in the fall too! They sent me an email saying I was accepted and an official acceptance letter was posted on my application portal. I think people accepted off the waitlist can even hear back as late as July that they got in. So don't fear if you haven't heard back in the next month or so as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I hope to see you there in the fall too! They sent me an email saying I was accepted and an official acceptance letter was posted on my application portal. I think people accepted off the waitlist can even hear back as late as July that they got in. So don't fear if you haven't heard back in the next month or so as well!
Thanks! You're right it is still too soon to tell! I'm happy for you. Do you mind sharing your stats? I want to see if mine is similar to see if I have a chance.

Yeah, my stats are a little funky! I majored in Sociology and had a pretty low undergrad GPA of a 3.1.. but I had a prerequisite GPA of 3.7. I had 50 observation hours in two different settings and about 200 hours of volunteer experience with children. I conducted individual research during my undergrad that particularly involved occupational therapy. I think my stats are overall pretty average but I think maybe my essays and recommendation letters went over well. Hope that helps! And best of luck! You can do it!

Oh, and I don't know if this helps or not, but I was also thinking that if I didn't hear back in May that I'd send them an updated resume/grades (I'm taking a couple classes right now to build my GPA in case I'd have to apply again next year).
That's really good! Thanks for sharing :) that really helps, I was thinking of doing the same if I don't hear back by then.

i got into columbia off the waitlist last thursday! so excited. accepted and filled out my housing application already. good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 users
I was also pulled from the wait-list last week and will be going to Columbia. I was outright rejected from NYU.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone on the NYU waitlist hear anything yet?? I'm dying over here!

Got accepted to NYU off the waitlist this morning! Best of luck to everyone else that is waiting.

Anyone going to NYU, there is a FB group up for our class under the NYU page! NYU Occupational Therapy Fall 2015.

Would anyone who got accepted mind posting their stats? Want to see what my chances at these two schools are.....