NYU Interview - Can I leave during lunch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khadcheemz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The NYU Interview has lunch with students as its last portion and they said that the day will end around 1-1:30. My flight is at 3:30. Would it affect my interview if I left at lunch?

I'd appreciate any advice from alum or people who have already interviewed there!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The NYU Interview has lunch with students as its last portion and they said that the day will end around 1-1:30. My flight is at 3:30. Would it affect my interview if I left at lunch?

I'd appreciate any advice from alum or people who have already interviewed there!

Thank you!
You can leave freely during lunch but you would just miss opportunity to talk to D3s and D4s to ask questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
They provide a half-decent lunch. Grab the steak sandwich before you leave.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah you're basically done and they told us that we could always leave if we need to catch a flight. But I'd highly suggest you go grab some food and drinks before you go, they'll give you a voucher for their cafe and the food was AMAZING!

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure u grab the lunch before you go. Honesty the talking to d3/d4 thing isn't going to tel you anything more than stuff you read on sdn.

Reactions: 1 users
I did the same thing last year; there were no issues.

If you want to be rude, sure you can. Please do leave when everyone else is socializing and getting to know each other.

If you want to be rude, sure you can. Please do leave when everyone else is socializing and getting to know each other.
Lol everyone is conversing and getting to know each other throughout the whole day starting from 8 am. You will be fine, and I'm sure they will understand if you have a flight to catch.

Last edited:
The lunch/socializing thing lasted a good 7 minutes...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the generosity of the school! Best interview meal! Thanks NYU.

Are you flying out of JFK? It doesn't take that long to get there if you take the train. Don't waste your time and money on a cab

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My flight leaves at 3PM from LGA. If I grab a quick lunch and leave, can I make it? Should I take an Uber?

Last edited:
My flight leaves at 3PM from LGA. If I grab a quick lunch and leave, can I make it? Should I take an Uber?

That's gonna be a tight squeeze, you're gonna have to pretty much take your lunch to go, take an uber to the airport etc.

That's gonna be a tight squeeze, you're gonna have to pretty much take your lunch to go, take an uber to the airport etc.

Yes. 3PM is cutting it very close. Distance-wide, it's not far. But taking NYC into consideration is a whole different story. If the interview is ends 1-130, what time is boarding call for your flight? Don't forget travel, security, etc.
I recommend you push your flight back and use that time to talk to the people there. It will also reduce your travel worries.
Good luck during your interview!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who might be in the same situation, I called the school yesterday and they said that I can leave at 12:30 which is when lunch starts. Taking an Uber, I will get to the airport at 1:30 at the latest (it is 30 min from the school). That will give me more than an hour to go through security. So I hope it'll be fine.