NYU post-interview question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxJuiceDxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how many people are rejected after receiving a January interview from NYU? What would I have had to say or do in order to really make the interviewer see me as an incompetent candidate? Hindsight is a b!tch and I'm thinking I really messed up. Best of luck to the rest of you. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

ajy1013 said:
So how many people are rejected after receiving a January interview from NYU? What would I have had to say or do in order to really make the interviewer see me as an incompetent candidate? Hindsight is a b!tch and I'm thinking I really messed up. Best of luck to the rest of you. :thumbup:
You can't leave your post like that. Tell us about the interview.....what happened that makes you feel that way. I don't mean to pry but I can't help being more than a little curious. Also, I hope that someone actually knows that statistic. I would like to know in general how many are accepted of those who interviewed especially considering that a lot of people get in with out an interview.

geckel said:
You can't leave your post like that. Tell us about the interview.....what happened that makes you feel that way. I don't mean to pry but I can't help being more than a little curious. Also, I hope that someone actually knows that statistic. I would like to know in general how many are accepted of those who interviewed especially considering that a lot of people get in with out an interview.

Well, I feel like I should have answered some questions differently. The questions weren't absolutely difficult, but I feel as if I sold myself short by not doing a great job in choosing the right words. I have a tendency to be way too honest, particularly when I get really comfortable with the person I'm speaking with.

This school is easily, hands-down my top choice, particularly after experiencing the school with my own eyes. But we'll see what happens. At least I got to see NYC for the first time. Any more questions my friend? :D

Now I have to try to be productive at work, and work blows hardcore...

Members don't see this ad :)
ajy you forgot a couple of facts about the most dangerous bearded man:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Chuck Norris once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.

Chuck Norris is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -- you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will roundhouse-kick you in the face.

Chuck Norris discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Chuck Norris is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking.

yea i know what u mean, after the interview i wish i had said some things but didn't and wish didn't say some things, but overall i think it should be fine, they said we were in the batch where we were about to be admitted without an interview so my guess is they just want to see us and make sure we're not dinguses, but if u were nice i think they'll accept u, its rare that someone answers every questions perfectly so dont sweat it my man you got this

rajmahal2004 said:
ajy you forgot a couple of facts about the most dangerous bearded man:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Chuck Norris once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.

Chuck Norris is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -- you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will roundhouse-kick you in the face.

Chuck Norris discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Chuck Norris is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking.

Holy crap, I have never seen those before! HAHA! I have a huge list, but those are a first and friggin hilarious. I've got some Vin Diesel facts, so maybe I'll enlighten the rest of the SDN forum with stuff on him next month. Thanks for the post bro! :thumbup: :thumbup:

ohcdc said:
yea i know what u mean, after the interview i wish i had said some things but didn't and wish didn't say some things, but overall i think it should be fine, they said we were in the batch where we were about to be admitted without an interview so my guess is they just want to see us and make sure we're not dinguses, but if u were nice i think they'll accept u, its rare that someone answers every questions perfectly so dont sweat it my man you got this

I hope so bro. You think you'll go to NYU if accepted?

ohcdc said:
what kinda ques did they ask?

sumozmom said:

To be honest, if you read all of the post-interview reviews for NYU in the interview feedback section of this site, you're set. The hardest part, for me, was to not sound rehearsed, which is the reason why I did not try to prepare 'too hard' for the interview (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being 'I prepared a lot,' I think I was at a 9.9). I wanted to be as genuine and honest as possible, which I felt I was but consequently may have brought down my chances. All I can do now is hope for the best, prepare for the worst. But its a small price to pay for what I hope to be doing for the rest of my life.

sumozmom said:

well they have a pool of questions, they're all pretty general questions, like tell them a little about urself (i hate talking about myself), and others are like... ur greatest achievements blah blah