NYU scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wo5678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of people who've gotten them this year? If so, what size are they?

NYU is pretty expensive, I was wonder if they are offering anything significant to make it worth going to.

Members don't see this ad.

i got $20,000 per year as long as i maintain 3.0

One person on here received $20,000 per year but declined it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 20K per year, and I am also declining it.

how could it be need based if nobody has filled out their FAFSA?...

I mean you could have filed for "disadvantaged student status" but the scholarship was soley merit based. Your gpa is impressive, and maybe you went to a challenging college that NYU took note of or you have several publications.

I think koreano just meant his DAT score was higher. These merit scholarships are awarded after a hollistic evaluation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your previous post seemed to hint that there may be other factors taken into consideration besides just GPA and DAT, that's all. The AADSAS application does have a disadvantaged applicant section where it asks you if you're a disadvantaged applicant, description of where you grew up, the income level of household, etc.

Congrats on receiving the scholarship though, your GPA shows you deserved it.

$25k here, but I know that they give out full rides

That is amazing, Congrats! What are your stats? Also, do you feel the 25k was enough to convince you to attend NYU?

Last edited:
That is amazing, Congrats! What are your stats? Also, do you feel the 25k was enough to convince you to attend NYU?
Thanks man!

ogpa: 3.78 sgpa: 3.7
dat: 26/25/24

It's enough to make me seriously consider NYU but the costs are still way too high when you consider the cost of living in this area as well as housing costs.

Thanks man!

ogpa: 3.78 sgpa: 3.7
dat: 26/25/24

It's enough to make me seriously consider NYU but the costs are still way too high when you consider the cost of living in this area as well as housing costs.
]

yes, I know what you mean. I am in the same situation as you. It is because that I already live in NYC that I am going to NYU.

Is there anyone who got the scholarship and is accepting? From what I've seen, most are declining saying that the cost is still too much.

I got 20K a year my gf got 25K a year. We both plan on attending. Sure living is expensive but there are definitely ways to get the cost down. My uncle does real estate in NY and he says he can find me a place in midtown queens (40 minute commute) for around 1000/month. I'm really excited to attend!

I got 20K a year my gf got 25K a year. We both plan on attending. Sure living is expensive but there are definitely ways to get the cost down. My uncle does real estate in NY and he says he can find me a place in midtown queens (40 minute commute) for around 1000/month. I'm really excited to attend!

That is really cute. You two will be attending together. :)

Would you mind sharing you and your gf's stats? Thanks!

Actually, they don't anymore. They used to give out 10 full rides years ago. But they stop doing that because it cost the school too much money. 25k is the most they give out this year. Also, the school have ZERO need based grants. So it is all loans after that. I heard this from someone who works in the school when I dropped off my deposit. Those who got 25 or 20k should be very happy. This makes me wish I attended dental school years ago. Arg!

Last edited:
just got the scope that NYU only gives out 20 scholarship a year. So consider yourself EXTREMELY competitve to have gotten them.

just got the scope that NYU only gives out 20 scholarship a year. So consider yourself EXTREMELY competitve to have gotten them.
I heard it was based on merit but also of you're the first member of your family to go to college. Any word if the scholarships that got declined will be redistributed?

Wow that is crazy! I figured that they gave out many more than that. I felt grateful before but now so much more :D

I'm way late on this forum but did you receive the scholarship with your acceptance letter or later on?

Reactions: 1 user
Strategy that I recommend to my students: as soon as you are accepted, call the school and inquire about scholarships as you have multiple offers to consider. There is a pool of $$$ that is reserved for those that ask. In other words, if the school wants you, they will offer you $$$ that wasn't on the table during your acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users