NYU v Cornell -- thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

int3rwebz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on these programs/goes there and knows something about them.

In particular, how do the residents fare in terms of happiness/business at NYU? The interview day was cut kind of short due to weather and I honestly don't feel like I got a good view of the program.

How is Cornell's exposure at MSK? Are they patients there unique/interesting/give good opportunity for learning? Do residents see enough patients to get good clinical knowledge (i.e. do they get out early/late?) Do residents manage patients at HSS rheum clinic (as in write prescriptions for rheum stuff themselves or do the rheumatologists run the show there?)

Anything you had feelings/opinions of during the interview or rotation or whatever would be awesome to hear!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on these programs/goes there and knows something about them.

In particular, how do the residents fare in terms of happiness/business at NYU? The interview day was cut kind of short due to weather and I honestly don't feel like I got a good view of the program.

How is Cornell's exposure at MSK? Are they patients there unique/interesting/give good opportunity for learning? Do residents see enough patients to get good clinical knowledge (i.e. do they get out early/late?) Do residents manage patients at HSS rheum clinic (as in write prescriptions for rheum stuff themselves or do the rheumatologists run the show there?)

Anything you had feelings/opinions of during the interview or rotation or whatever would be awesome to hear!

Thanks
Do u know if you want to do a fellowship afterwards?

most likely, not sure what in yet, but want to remain in academics.
I think NYU is a good bet if you're interested in Mohs. Some of the recently graduated residents just recently got good ones at NYU and with Drs. Brodland/Zitelli.