NYU Waitlist 2011

I was just accepted yesterday so the waitlist is definitely in motion as people begin to pull out.

Keep your hopes up everyone. I'm gunning for you guys :)

Congrats Lee! thats great, glad to hear theres still movement! hoping there continues to be :xf: Did you get a call from Dr. Mejia?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!!! I hope I can be in your shoes soon!!

I was just accepted yesterday so the waitlist is definitely in motion as people begin to pull out.

Keep your hopes up everyone. I'm gunning for you guys :)

Thanks predent and misstooth!

I did indeed get the call from Dr. Mejia. She called me herself! And she's really friendly.

I hope you guys get the call soon! Stay in touch with admissions once in a while to show your interest and good things will come :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats lee! how often is "once in a while"??

I called or emailed about once every 10 days or so.

It's a fine balance because I didn't want to annoy them (not good). At the same time though, I wanted them to know that I was still interested in attending since I had been on the waitlist for so long. I firmly believe that showing interest helps so do contact them to make your name known!

Hope that helps and good luck guys!!

I just Withdraw my acceptance today.

NYU is a great school and Dr.Mejia is a wonderful lady, probably the kindest admission person that I have met last year.

Best of Luck to the person who is going to get that spot.

Thanks PreD for the update. Good luck wherever you're going to now.

^^^ You are welcome and Best of Luck to you as well.

is anyone still on the waitlist applying to any 1year masters programs? I applied to barrys and midwestern and I was wondering if anyone knows of a program which is well reputed and has its application still open for the upcoming fall?

Hello! I was just accepted yesterday - there is still movement!! Good luck everyone!!

Hello! I was just accepted yesterday - there is still movement!! Good luck everyone!!

Cogratz! I wish I could be in your shoes soon.
How often did you contact the admissions? Every time I called, I was informed that Dr.Mejia was not available.

Cogratz! I wish I could be in your shoes soon.
How often did you contact the admissions? Every time I called, I was informed that Dr.Mejia was not available.
I e-mailed her about every other week. I never called. Hope this helps!! Good Luck!!!

I was playing soccer today and when i finished i found that i had a missed call from Dr.Mejia...no voicemail or email

is this a good or bad indication ... im still on the waiting list for 2005

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed her about every other week. I never called. Hope this helps!! Good Luck!!!

did you email admissions? or HER email?
if so directly to her email, can you pm with her email address to me? i ve been on the waitlist for quite a long time. dont know what else to do at this pt..

Same question as the post above me--did you email her directly or just email the general admissions email address? I have been waiting to hear back, and have been contacting the school, but dont want to pester them. What did you say when you would email them? Just that youre still interested?

Also, Congrats MissTooth!!!

are they done getting anymore applicants off the waitlist?
if so, ... if not, should i call them to let em know of my continuous interest? coz i emailed prob once 2 wks.. but seems no effect..

idk if theres been any movement recently...seems like there hasnt. Last years thread has people getting accepted until early august, but looks like slim chances at this point :(

I agree :( I think that they already had their white coat ceremony and everything.

Well, I asked admissions once when the last day to hear back would be and they told me August 22 which is their first day of classes so maybe theres still a glimmer of hope :xf:

yeah..any? seems like today would have been the last day to have gotten the call.

Just got an e-mail with the subject WL Closed Letter,
Then the body says:

Thank you for applying for admission to the New York University College of Dentistry, the leadership dental College of the 21st Century.

Our Admissions Team has received your application and it will be reviewed once all required materials have been received. As of today, we are in need of the following:

o One (1) Pre-Health Advisor Committee recommendation letter (preferred) or three (3) letters from faculty (two must be from the sciences).

o Official DAT score report sent directly from the ADA or, if applicable, the CDA.

o Seventy-five ($75) dollar non-refundable application fee made payable by check or money order to NYUCD.

If selected for an interview, we will email you directly. Interviews will be held through the spring.

Thank you, again, for applying to NYUCD. I wish you all the best with your academic pursuits.

Sincerely,
NAME
NYU College of Dentistry
345 East 24th Street
New York, NY 10010
Tel: 212-998-9818
Fax: 212-995-4240
Email: [email protected]

lol I guess this was a mistake, in any event, I think they are trying to say the waiting list is closed.