Nyucd ap class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi appu,

What is the approx rent of a one bedroom apartment in manhattan....what abt rents in waterside plaza...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1 bedroom would be around 2,000+ ..in waterside it should be around 2,500 or so

Hi friends can anybody tell me whether we can apply for f1 from here. I am currently on f2. What do u suggest?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends can anybody tell me whether we can apply for f1 from here. I am currently on f2. What do u suggest?

yes you can...you can get your status changed to F1 staying here but whenever you exit US you will need to get the F1 visa stamped on your passport...

Thanks appu. One more question like can I start my course during the period I applied f1. Does nyu allow me to attend the classes. How much time does it usually take to convert to f1..

check of you can study on F2...like I was on H4 and you are allowed to study on H4 so i continued to study on that visa and when I went back to India I got f1 stamped...am really not sure how long it takes to change the status..you can check it on USCIS website

paid non refundable fee $5000 ...now when to apply for student loan....which bank offers the best deal...wat all formalities for I-20 form.....within how much time we get i-20 form

Last edited:
Hey appu , hope ur doin fine :)

Thanks for all the info u have been giving .

I have seen the answer to the question I had in mind , but wanted to clarify again, that after getting the deposit confirmation mail , can i start applying for the loan because
I am assuming that I have to wait for some kind of nyu ID or something, because I would hav to show to the bank some kind of admission proof rite? N also can I ask Mara to send the approximate fee structure or will they send some kind of package .
And is there any problem or disadvantage taking the loan on h4 ?

Thanks a lot , I really appreciate your time. C u soon :)

Hi guyz,
I submitted the FAFSA online application .......and I got the email saying that it is processed and ready to be sent to the school, but when I called the school they told me that they gonna start downloading FAFSA applications on the first week of march and the exact tuition / fees details will be ready at the first week of APRIL.....and I'll not know how much I am qualified for till the first week of may,,,,,so what t do now guys should I wait till may,,,to know how much private loans should I apply for........any help will be appreciated

Hey appu , hope ur doin fine :)

Thanks for all the info u have been giving .

I have seen the answer to the question I had in mind , but wanted to clarify again, that after getting the deposit confirmation mail , can i start applying for the loan because
I am assuming that I have to wait for some kind of nyu ID or something, because I would hav to show to the bank some kind of admission proof rite? N also can I ask Mara to send the approximate fee structure or will they send some kind of package .
And is there any problem or disadvantage taking the loan on h4 ?

Thanks a lot , I really appreciate your time. C u soon :)

hey..you can ask mara for a rough estimate...and apply for the loan..your acceptance letter is more than enough to apply for loan...and there is no disadvantage/problem to apply for loan on H4 as long as you have a co-signer..I had applied on H4

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello friends
I have been accepted but due to personal reasons,Its hard for me to join this year.Do you have an idea if I can defer for one year.Please guide.I am stuck.:(

Thanks appu. One more question does citi bank provide loan on f2.

thank u so much for the reply !!

hey..you can ask mara for a rough estimate...and apply for the loan..your acceptance letter is more than enough to apply for loan...and there is no disadvantage/problem to apply for loan on H4 as long as you have a co-signer..I had applied on H4

I posted about loans. I have nothing to do with NYU. Please don't send me private msgs asking questions regarding NYU..

Last edited:
Thanks appu. One more question does citi bank provide loan on f2.

i dont see any reason as to why should they not...but just verify with bank once..as far as I know they just want a valid I 94 for loan approval and visa doesnt matter...but would suggest asking the bank once

:thumbup:
You were so true. First I applied to Sallie Mae but they gave me 8.5% variable interest rate. So I tried to follow your suggestion and applied to citi bank. This time I got 3.87% variable. Thank you so much:)

Has anybody got the package from the school yet

Does anybody has an idea that till when we shall have one?

Hi appu,

Do we need to show any bank balance of 70-80k before the class starts (May 20th)to confirm the admission? I am in H4 and living here in NJ. Please advise.

Hi appu,

Do we need to show any bank balance of 70-80k before the class starts (May 20th)to confirm the admission? I am in H4 and living here in NJ. Please advise.

no you dont need to show that much of bank balance..you will have your loan documents to show your funding for school..

Appu, Thanks for the response.

But I dont know whether i can get the loan since i am still looking for a co-signer.So I will be paying the fees from my savings. In this case, do i need to show any financial documents? Lets say if i have 50k as bank balance and have income proof of my husband will that be good enough to start? Again i am not in F1 and i am in H4 visa and i will studying in H4 only. Please advise.

if you are planning to study on H4 only then you need not show anything...just pay the fees when asked by the school...you only need to show documents for finance if you plan to get your status changed to F1 and request for I20

if you are planning to study on H4 only then you need not show anything...just pay the fees when asked by the school...you only need to show documents for finance if you plan to get your status changed to F1 and request for I20

Hi appu. Just a quick question. I want to know after we begin out program, when is the first holiday/holidays? Like after 6 weeks of orientation? Do we get a day or two off?

Hi appu. Just a quick question. I want to know after we begin out program, when is the first holiday/holidays? Like after 6 weeks of orientation? Do we get a day or two off?

you begin may 29th..you will get a 2 week holiday in late august...

Hi appu,
I am taking loan from india.....coz have no cosigner as yet....so i will be takin loan frm india only....so can i show the liquid funds to get I-20...I am showing bank balance of 70k....will that be sufficient to get I-20

Hi... I had a quick question...i wanted to know how n when is the first year loan dispersed.
I heard it is in taken in 2 parts. It would be really helpful if I could know when is the first part taken as in which month. Thanks in advance.

Hello appu09

Thanks for replying all the queries on this thread
I wanted to know while applying for financial aid are we considered under graduate or undergraduate students

Dear all
What is the next step after getting deposit confirmation email from NYu ? Do we have to fill out fafsa ( green card holders) ourselves or the college will give us some info on how to do it ?is there any deadline for applying for loans? explain in detail plz.
Thanxs in advance

Hi appu,
I am taking loan from india.....coz have no cosigner as yet....so i will be takin loan frm india only....so can i show the liquid funds to get I-20...I am showing bank balance of 70k....will that be sufficient to get I-20

hey you will need to show the entire funding that is tuition plus living cost..the living cost you will have to quote on your own and have necessary documents to show that you can support it...

Hi... I had a quick question...i wanted to know how n when is the first year loan dispersed.
I heard it is in taken in 2 parts. It would be really helpful if I could know when is the first part taken as in which month. Thanks in advance.

the first loan amount is disbursed on august/september and the second disbursement is in Jan

Hello appu09

I wanted to know while applying for financial aid are we considered under graduate or undergraduate students

its undergrad but verify it with someone else please

its undergrad but verify it with someone else please

Hey appu u have been a great help to all of us.... Can u tell me which bank is better between sallie Mae and citi bank ...as in which bank offers good service with LESS interest rates..I knw the interest rates depends upon the credit history but still which is better...... And which are the banks where we international students without ssn can apply other than the two I mentioned above.

Any new update from the university after the fees deposit confirmation email ??? Anyone ?

Hello appu09

We all have one dental degree already so we are considered as Graduate student. I confirmed it with my school.

We all have one dental degree already so we are considered as Graduate student. I confirmed it with my school.

Actually it goes by the degree u r going for not by what u have. We are technically undergrad students.

My bad. It is graduate degree. And hence makes us graduate students. Sorry for the above post. ;-)
Haha! I thought you would be angry but you politely accept your mistake. I like this kind of people.:thumbup:

Haha! I thought you would be angry but you politely accept your mistake. I like this kind of people.:thumbup:

I have been told that it's brave to stand up to what you said even if it's wrong but it takes real courage to accept and admit if you were ever wrong. I would like to consider courage as my only strength. ;-) see you in class bro.

I have confirmed from the financial aid office of nyucd
They told it to be Graduate / Professional degree