NZDREX after BDS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Excision13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. New to this site.
I will finish my final year on july 2015. Internship, i plan to get maximum clinical experience possible.
Now this is how i plan out my next steps on the journey to practicing in NZ.
As NZ embassy is based in new delhi, my first step is setting base there. By setting base, i mean getting employed in a gen. Dentist job vacancy in delhi, finding a cheap budget studio/1bhk flat, procuring the supplies that i will need in order to educate myself and get ready to face the examinations.
I shall spend a minimum of 2 years in delhi working and studying, side by side. Main aim is to get as much clinical exposure i can while revising BDS portion that is required for the NZDREX, both theory and practical exams.

Im not sure about one thing though. Do i need to go through with the IELTS english exam? All data i have come across, regarding english competency, is rather vague. Is IELTS compulsory? If not, how will i know wether i need IELTS or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. New to this site.
I will finish my final year on july 2015. Internship, i plan to get maximum clinical experience possible.
Now this is how i plan out my next steps on the journey to practicing in NZ.
As NZ embassy is based in new delhi, my first step is setting base there. By setting base, i mean getting employed in a gen. Dentist job vacancy in delhi, finding a cheap budget studio/1bhk flat, procuring the supplies that i will need in order to educate myself and get ready to face the examinations.
I shall spend a minimum of 2 years in delhi working and studying, side by side. Main aim is to get as much clinical exposure i can while revising BDS portion that is required for the NZDREX, both theory and practical exams.

Im not sure about one thing though. Do i need to go through with the IELTS english exam? All data i have come across, regarding english competency, is rather vague. Is IELTS compulsory? If not, how will i know wether i need IELTS or not?
yes you do need to give the IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
or you can give the oet exam.