About the ads

NZDREX-New Zealand Dental Registration Exam

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by sabbath80, Feb 26, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. sabbath80

sabbath80

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi guys this forum is dedicated for the docs who are preparing for NZDREX part I ....that is same as ADC part I and NZDREX part II.

I request member to join in and contribute
  2. sabbath80

sabbath80

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    guys is there anybody appearing for the clinical in New Zealand for the dental registration exam.....or if any body can provide me with the information regarding the same....i would be really greatful..
  3. RAMAPRASAD

RAMAPRASAD

Dentist
    Hello

Is there anybody preparing for clinical exam of NZDREX.
  4. sabbath80

sabbath80

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    hi Ram...i am Dr Deepak Pardal...i appeared for ADC part I in march this year....and if i clear that....I wiil be planning to appear for the clinical NZDREX in Nov this year......i am based in delhi.....how bout you...you are at what stage of the registration process......b in touch...
  5. leonidus

leonidus

Dentist
    Hi Im writing the New Zealnd Registration Exams(ADC part 1)in September 2009....could you tell me the pattern for the exam....how many sections do you need a pass in out of seven and what were the SAQs like in MArch 09....How many d we need to answer?
    cheers
  6. nafaiyaan

nafaiyaan

Pre-Dental
  7. nafaiyaan

nafaiyaan

Pre-Dental

hi

can you tell us the books you found most helpfull for part one exam.
  8. C2H5OH

C2H5OH Junior Member

Dentist
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I got this "it's now or never" feeling.

If I'm not going to give it a shot now, I probably won't do it at all.

So ... I need study partners in ISRAEL

Goal:
    OET - October 2009 ==> Preliminary exam - March 2010 ==> Clinical Exam

If you're serious about it, mail me.
  9. nafaiyaan

nafaiyaan

Pre-Dental

hi

well if you want we can study together on skype. since our mission is same . lets get together and pass this exam .
    what do you think
  10. solan

solan

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi

I too am preparing for the same exam..... we can study together
    and discuss our problems

Regards
    Solan

11. var87

var87

hey..this is varuna from bbay..i want to know if i appear for the nzdrex will i be able to practice in australia as a registered dentist? also is the nzdrex an easier exam compared to the ADC's? what are the books to be studied and is the theory exam common to the the adc and the nzdrex?? pls lemme know!!thanks!
  12. Precious sun

Precious sun Sunshine

Dentist
  13. Anil kumar

Anil kumar

Dentist
    @varuna ...i wish to appear for ndzrex exams. im from hyd.. lemme know if you are interested
  14. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    hello im interest in taking NDZREX exams as well. does anyone pass this exam before? how difficult is it? wat is the passing rate? will the NBDE studying materials good enough to prepare? thanks for the help!
  15. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi C2H5OH, have u complete the license exam? it is difficult? wat studying materials do u use? can u share some ur experiences with us? thank you!
  16. attique

attique

Dentist
    hello
    @sabath80
    i had appeared in march nzdrex 1 (ADC prelim) and pased. cud we patch up for prepartion for prep of clinical. anyone else also... interested please do contact.
  17. attique

attique

Dentist
    well firstly. the part 1 of nzdrex is THE adc prelim exam and is taken by adc. clincial exam is supposed to be similar but ... dont know how it would be...
    according to ADC and NZDC registration with either coucil makes one eligible to register in the other country. The dental registration board of AU http://www.dentalboard.gov.au also states that. i too am thinking on the same line, if i clear NZDREX i can work not only in nz but if at some time i want to shift to australia hopefully ill be able to do that.
  18. attique

attique

Dentist
    the clinical is taken independenly by univ of otago in nz, but i really dont know if its harder or easire, i suppose it would be more or less the same coz the 2 councils supposedly collaborate and make standards equally applicable in both countries.
    Regarding the equivalence in australai..... although i read in a few places where they seem concerned about this easier way into australia, but at this time it is in place
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  19. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    congrats attique! can you please tell me more about the nzdrex 1 (ADC prelim)? is it difficult? how did u prepare? with wat studying materials? Thank you!
  20. attique

attique

Dentist
    @jcdragon13
    Thanx alot. it is not very difficult, requires some preparation , a bit tricky though. studied from oxford, odell and few text books. email me, i'll write in detail
  21. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    hey guys im tani and i wanted to give my NZDREX exam sumtym nxt year..I was hoping i could get a lil help on how to go about preparing for it.
    Where can i buy or download the books for the prepration and if anyone has some information/material with them wud u be kind enough to share the same wid me....
  22. ocs1986

ocs1986

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Aoa,

Please include me on your mailing list for info on the procedure for licensure in NZ too. I would appreciate it. It sounds like an interestingn option.

Sincerely,
    Sajid
  23. C2H5OH

C2H5OH Junior Member

Dentist
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I decided to go for Australian license ... therefore I have passed the preliminary examination by ADC, and am applying for the final examination for November 2011 series
  24. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congrats C2H5OH! good luck on ur exam in Nov.

Hello everyone, have you guys heard the Bridging programme held by Otago University? i think its a program that prepares you for their licensure exam, both written and clinical part. Do you guys know about this program? Please share more details about this program if you guys know more about it. Thank you.
  25. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    hello guys, im wondering how do u guys prepare for the clinical part of the exam? please share with your study methods, thank you....
  26. vickyBDS

vickyBDS

Dental Student
    is there any english test for NZDREX like ADC
  27. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    yes there is an english test for NZDREX like ADC. the english test is only valid for 2 years.
  28. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    hey everyone im a dentist planing to give my nzdrex part1 in march 2012.
    i am having a lil problem getting the mcq's and the required study material...if any one has a soft copy of it i wil be really gratefull if you could help me out with it..
    i am also searching for study partners in delhi for the same so those intrested plz contact me at [email protected]
  29. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    does anybody heard about the bridging programme host by the Otago university? its a proram that prepares you for the both part of the exam.
  30. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    Yes its a program that prepares you for the nzdrex exam but its like a short term revision capsule like program..they will teach you for a few months and at the end of which you will hv tests to evaluate your performances and after that they give you a chance to practice clinical procedures on manikins..overall the course lasts for 7-9months and is a gud option for sumone who is well versed with the theory and practical and wants to test themselves before taking d exam..although its meant to help you with the exam its specifically mentioned on the site that undertaking it does not mean that you will clear the exam for sure.
  31. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    thanks for the helpful reply ghongo. are you planning to take the NZDREX as well? Im wondering if theres anyone who had taken this bridging programme and turns out it really helped them pass the exam. or everyone just go straight to the exam and this program is not that necessary.
  32. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    Yes im planning to take the exam and I have spoken to a few people abt this bridging course too..they did not take it and still cleared the exam so I guess not doing dis particular course is also ok...
    If you do plan to apply for it I guess d application process starts in december and the intake is in april. If I learn anything more il let you know..
    Are you planning to give the exam too? And where are you preparing for it from??
  33. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello, yes i want to take the exam too. but I havent start preparing for the exam yet due to my work. Since there are only max of 3 chances to pass the exam i dont want to be too rush unless im well prepared. Im kind worrying about the second part of the exam. cuz i felt my clinical practice is not up to the level yet. so im still working as a general dentist rite now and try to gain more experiences. and also thats the reason why i was considering taking the bridging programme.
    someone has told me about the books that they used for this exam. which r the followings,
    oxford's is 'handbook of clinical dentistry' by laura mitchell... a review book. Odell is a book of problem solving and diagnosis/treatment planning named Clinical problem solving in dentistry by edward o dell... it has case scenarios and gives a gud preparation for seq
    How about you? wat books r u using? helpful?
  34. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    Hey...i was asked to search for bpuchers mcqs n cawsons mcqs but d problm is dat I am unable to locate these books in a bookstore and I was wanting to give d theory exam in march next yr so im really running out of tym to buy these books and study..
    I was hopin someone has a soft copy of these bpoks or can tell me wher can I buy these books from :-(
  35. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    you might want to ask attique, he/she has complete the first step of the exam.
  36. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    Actually I did ask him and he said he wud try and fynd a way to transfer them but I never got any emails after dat and I guess he will be preparing for d second part so I didnt want to bug him.....
  37. attique

attique

Dentist
    W.S. !!

Bro Sajid .. it would be a plesaure to share my experience if that wud help...
    mail me on what u r planning now... i'll try to reply ASAP in detail ...
  38. attique

attique

Dentist
    Hello Tanvi... i'm sorry i didnt remember about those mcq's neither did u remind me.. any way i dont have boucher's or cawsons's mcq's ... i do have 1060 mcq's and therapeutic guidelines and some old mcq and seq's.. if u want i can send them.. i know boucher's are quite often repeated .. i honestly didnt find them myself i'll let u know if i find em...
    regards
  39. attique

attique

Dentist
    @jcdragon.... r u appearing for part 2 of nzdrex... if so plz tell me r u considering the briding programme... they also have a smaller 4 day orientation course (kind of crash course) for the clinical..i am considering that... because the bridging programme is too long ( 7 to 8 months ) and too expensive (38.5 K) for me. the 4 day programme is for 1500 $.. hopefully it will give atleast some orientation... something is better than nothing. !
  40. manipaldent

manipaldent

Dental Student
  41. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
    Dear Attique,
    thank you and anything will be great at dis tym coz I wanna start my pre :)
    I didnt frel like disturbing you as I thought you might be preparing for part2.
    I wud also like to knw about the four day orientation course that you wer thinking of taking cz I didnt see any such course on d website of d univ..
    Thanks a ton once again and il b gratefull if you cud email d mcqs to me at [email protected]
  42. ghongo

ghongo ghongo

Dentist
  43. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello attique, i havent start preparing for the NZDREX yet and i was thinking if i should apply for the bridging program cuz theres only a max of 3 times to pass both exams so i want to be more prepared before i take them. But you are right, i think the cost of the bridging program is too expensive. Im very interest of this 4 day crash program for the clinical part. is this held by the Otago as well? where can i find more info about this program and when does this program offer?
  44. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  45. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  46. overseas

overseas Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
  47. jcdragon13

jcdragon13

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    yes i heard about the bridging program offered by the otago. i think the cost is around 38,500. its a two section courses. first part is focusing on the written part of the exam and second part is focusing on the clinical part of the exam.
  48. taehyunkim

taehyunkim

Dentist
    hi
    i'm a Korean dentist and i am preparing for Newzealand dentist
    i have little information about ADC written test
    so give me some information.
    is it similar with American dental written test?
    and how can i get materials such as MCQ in 2009 or 2010 ?
    i will be waiting for your reply!
    thank you

my email address is [email protected]
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  49. sonata82

sonata82

Dentist
    hi everyone.... I am an indian orthodontist thinking of giving either new zealand or australian board exams....However i have a doubt that given my qualifications (MDS)n experience of two years, is there a chance that i can forego the dentist examinations and directly give the nz speciality exams? or do i have to first clear the dentistry board exams first before giving the speciality exams? kindly help me out. thanks
  50. dentistaam

dentistaam

Dentist
    I am a dentist from India. Planning to write the theory exams in Sept 2012.
    can someone please help me with study material, any past papers that you might have?
    Also interested in group study if anyone is keen.

thanks!