OAT Destroyer is a must!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daniii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I recently just took my OAT and my scores are as follows:
Quantitative Reasoning - 340
Reading Comp. - 340
Bio - 370
Gen. Chem. - 400
Orgo - 380
Physics - 320
TS - 370
AA - 360

There is plenty of study material out there, but I personally believe I could not have gotten these scores without the OAT Destroyer. It comes with 3 books: the first includes over 300 questions of gchem and orgo each, almost 600 bio questions, and over 100 math questions; the second has tons of math practice tests that you can use to time yourself, and the third book is completely devoted to physics. What I really like about these books is that the solutions carry a great deal of information and are very clearly written. Bio was especially golden for its solutions. Furthermore, if you are a weak math student like I am, the Math Destroyer will really help you improve. Last point I want to touch on... I read on many forums prior to my test day that the OAT physics is much easier than Achiever physics. I have done 3 Achiever tests and my physics section was about the same level of difficulty on my OAT. Don't rely on all the positive forums you read because at the end of the day, you don't know what kind of version you'll end up getting. The best thing you can do is to prepare for the absolute worst, and the Physics Destroyer can help you do so. This test is all about practice and the Destroyer was absolutely perfect for this. Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
my oat scores:

Attachments

• oat.jpg
    oat.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 340
Hey,

Congratulations on amazing scores! I am going to be writing the oat on September 20th. Would you say the actual OAT was similar to the practise OAT on the ada website? Also if you have any other tips, it will be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

I'd like to recommend everyone coursesaver.com. I paid a $25 per month subscription to practice questions (they had A LOT). I studied for about 20 days on 7-8 hours per day and got 390TS 380AA and then cancelled the subscription once I was done.
In my opinion having access to practice questions the most important thing. I didn't actually find Kaplan and Princeton books helpful because I kept my lecture notes from school.

Hope this helps someone!

Hey,

Congratulations on amazing scores! I am going to be writing the oat on September 20th. Would you say the actual OAT was similar to the practise OAT on the ada website? Also if you have any other tips, it will be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you! I honestly didn't take the ADA's practice test because it seems according to other forums I've read that its a bit easier than the real OAT. I would rather take a more challenging test like by the Achiever, and OAT Destroyer helps prepare for the worst as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I would highly recommend a combination of coursesaver, OAT destroyer, and referencing kaplan for its Bio content. Watching Chad's videos on coursesaver is really helpful for physics and 0-chem, but I agree with OP that running through and finishing the destroyer is a MUST. Very helpful study guide in terms of covering all of your bases. Don't get too caught up in physics on the destroyer since it's leagues harder than what's on the real test. It seemed to me that the real OAT had a heavier foot on kinematics for the physics section so make sure you're solid on those. The ADA exam was slightly easier than the real OAT and the Kaplan tests were harder! I would say take both kaplan and ADA and speculate you'll score in the middle for the real thing (or atleast that's how it turned out for me). I was scoring 300-310 on kaplan and got a 350 on ADA. Real OAT i ended up settling out to a 330AA and 330TS, I'll take it!:claps:

I got the destroyer used from a friend for $80 (2009 edition, still relevant though!)
Purchased a coursesaver subscription for $50
Purchased 2015 kaplan OAT off eBay for $50
overall spent $180 and got what I wanted

Reactions: 1 user