OAT Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

Hey everyone!

I am going to sign up to take the OAT soon, but I would like to know the dates available in my city before I actually register to take the test.

Is there any way to find out what dates the test is offered without actually registering first?

Also, how many weeks in advance did you guys register for the test (to those of you who have already taken it)?

Thanks in advance! I would greatly appreciate any insight and/or study tips as well! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well first you have to get an OAT Pin

Members don't see this ad :)
When going through prometric, the best way to see dates available is to click "locate a test center" !! This will show you which dates are available at different test centers!!

Okay, thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it! :) I have just one more question...

So I got a pin and started to register for the OAT and it asked me which schools to send my scores to. Is it mandatory to send scores to ONLY the schools I'm going to actually apply to? I have some schools I want to apply to in mind but it's not finalized yet because I want to narrow it down.

But should I just send my scores to say about 10 schools (since I dont have a finalized list, I dont want to risk signing up for the OAT late) then apply to only my finalized list of schools when the application opens up? Or do schools notice if I send my scores to more schools than I actually apply to. (I know it's more expensive, but I'm taking my time to finalize my list of schools before the application opens up)

I hope I'm making sense, please feel free to ask for clarifications!

You can send your score to as many schools as you want (if you can afford it.) I'm not sure whether the schools you send it to can even see where else you sent it, and I definitely don't think they will care. You can also send it to the 5 free schools, and then if you decide you want to apply to another school, send it later. You will get an unofficial copy, which you can send to schools when you apply, and then they can start the process while you're sending the official scores.

Choose five schools now. After taking the test, if you want to send to more schools, call them and paid the fee. Do not oversend as this time as your list is not completed.

Reactions: 1 user