OAT Reading Comprehension Section Difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMG10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been practicing the RC section for the OAT and I have been all over the place in terms of scores. I have been doing fairly well on this section on Kaplan tests (RC- 350) and Cracking the OAT (350) - Princeton Review tests. However, I haven't been doing well on the OAT achiever RC sections (270ish).

I'm aware that OAT achiever is harder than the actual OAT, but how exactly is the RC section on the actual OAT as compared to the 3 test companies?

Members don't see this ad.

The kaplan RC is a fairly good representation of the actual material on the OAT. I consistently scored above 350 on the practice exams and scored a 370 on the actual OAT. The passages stay on the page as you work the questions and you can highlight key sentences.

The kaplan RC is a fairly good representation of the actual material on the OAT. I consistently scored above 350 on the practice exams and scored a 370 on the actual OAT. The passages stay on the page as you work the questions and you can highlight key sentences.
Great info. Thank you, evorage!