OAT study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phillygirl98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the August MCAT and have review materials from the Princeton Review since I'm taking their prep course now. I was just wondering, I am taking the OAT in October as well because I'm not sure exaclty what I want to do yet. How is the OAT compared to the MCAT? Are the MCAT prep books good enough to study for teh OAT and should I even study for the OAT since I've already prepared for the MCAT? I noticed that there aren't many prep materials for the OAT out there so I wasnt' sure what people usually do to prep...just study their old notes from their classes in college? Alrighty well any advice or answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i think if u studied for the MCAT the OAT will be much easier...no passage questions, yay!

I have taken them both...I scored well on the MCAT and destroyed the OAT (perfect in every section but one). If you can do well on the MCAT, you'll find the OAT very straightforward in comparison. The one part of the OAT that you might want to practice is the mathematics. There is an entire mathematics section on the OAT and none on the MCAT. Speed is of the esence in this section of the OAT if you are not used to doing math problems (similar to the math on the GRE if you have taken that exam). In fact, if you don't want to buy separate OAT study materials (since they can be expensive) check with your local library and see if they have GRE study materials...you can use the GRE math section materials to study for the math section of the OAT. Good luck.

Originally posted by mpp
(perfect in every section but one).
Wow, that?s pretty impressive!