About the ads

OAT Test Results!!! I'm DONE DONE DONE!!!

Discussion in 'OAT Discussions' started by meghoo22, Oct 9, 2008.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to OAT Destroyer

Thanks to Crack the OAT
  1. meghoo22

meghoo22

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey guys!

First of all, I want to thank all of you who answered my endless questions, concerns, and gave me feedback about the exam. With that said, here are my scores:

QR: 370
    RC: 350
    Bio: 350
    GC: 380
    OC: 400
    Phy: 390

TS: 390
    AA: 370

Advise to those of you who are still studying...just concentrate on the very basics. For the Bio section, don't neglect ecology/plant/fungi/protists. Though you'll do ok just knowing the basics about these, some questions do concentrate on details (those that I got wrong lol). Also, if you're scoring in the low thirties/upper 200s on the OAT achiever, you'll do just fine on this test...i came VERY close to postponing my exam because my last achiever set didn't go so well, but decided to take it and did just fine. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me...and good luck to anyone who's exam date is coming up!
  2. Absolute Vision

Absolute Vision

Optometrist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Again, congrats on your wonderful scores!!! Hopefully, you'll be applying to SCCO...if so, maybe we'll become classmates.:)
  3. Brightereyez

Brightereyez

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    CONGRATS!!! lucky you :) i would KILL to have those scores.
    can i ask what you used to study for physics, besides the achiever...thank you
  4. meghoo22

meghoo22

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I actually didn't puchase any materials to study for the OAT. I checked out a DAT book (by Kaplan) from the library and studied the bio, chem, ochem, and QR from that. For the physics, I borrowed a friend's Kaplan MCAT physics book.
    You really don't need to know much more than the basic concepts of physics...but you have to know them well and learn to apply them to new problems. If you read some of my old posts, you'll see that I was considering rescheduling my test due to my low physics score on my last achiever set (270) , but some friends on SDN (Absolute VIsion :) ) assured me I'd do fine on the real thing and I did. Point being, don't rely only on your achiever scores as far as the sciences are concerned...the material on achiever is MUCH more difficult.
  5. dpu04

dpu04

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Very nice! You should get in everywhere. You must be so satisfied. Good luck!