OAT tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mik194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides Chad's videos, what other resources would you say best helped you prepare for the OAT. I know there have been many questions on this topic but I'm trying to get the best score I possibly can to balance my lowish GPA (~3.1). Also, I want to stay in California so Western and Marshall B Ketchum are my top choices. I'm taking the OAT Oct 15th!

Members don't see this ad.

Practice tests from the Ada oat website, kaplan oat book and tests, kaplan mcat physics. Timing your self on all practice tests so you know exactly what to expect is a huge help. I also found the quizlet app to be a great resource to keep studying throughout the day.
After being out of school for 6 years, I scored a 300 AA and 270 TS on my first attempt and after studying for 2 months with those resources I got a 330 AA and a 320TS.
You have a good amount of time left so I would say make a good study plans and stick to it.

Besides Chad's videos, what other resources would you say best helped you prepare for the OAT. I know there have been many questions on this topic but I'm trying to get the best score I possibly can to balance my lowish GPA (~3.1). Also, I want to stay in California so Western and Marshall B Ketchum are my top choices. I'm taking the OAT Oct 15th!
I just took the OAT last month, and got TS 400, AA 380 ( Bio 380; Chem 400; O Chem 380;RC 310; Phys 400; Quant 400).
Here is how I prepared OAT and all the materials I used.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...nd-study-strategy_2016.1214481/#post-18016734
Hope this could help you.