OB GYN Rotations and Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArmyDoc2Be123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently gone through OB GYN rotations at any military hospital that could shed light on how they compare? I would also love to hear from any current resident about their thoughts on where to apply to rotate and perform a residency.

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't a residency at EAMC, but you can rotate there. I suggest that you do not, the physicians were incompetent civilians with no desire to teach. The surgeries that they performed regularly led to complications. I can't get any more specific than that.

TAMC I have heard mixed reviews; some of my classmates enjoyed it, but others felt residents were very unprofessional.

Thanks. I am looking primarily at San Antonio, Madigan (WA), Tripler (HI), and Womack (NC). I would consider others if there is a wonderful spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there's one thing military hospitals have high volume of, it's OB. Lots of young active duty families doing what young families do. Most of the larger military hospitals have a NICU which is the tipping point for taking or referring complicated cases. If the hospital doesn't have a NICU then I wouldn't go there for an OB rotation as a student.

Reactions: 1 user