ob/gyn shelf questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smellycat

Lactose Intolerant
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm using blueprints for OB and I was wondering what would be a good source to do questions for the shelf.
Is blueprints good enough and similar to the shelf questions or are there better books?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to use Appleton & Lange, though I've also heard good things about the PreTest series for OG/GYN.

thanks...I appreciate the help. I hear they are harder than the real thing. I haven't quite looked at it yet but we'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't really recommend the Ob/Gyn Pre-Test. It had a lot of questions like "What percentage of women with this disease get that complication", none of which was on the actual test. I felt like my time would have been better spent reviewing the main concepts.

do u have any suggestions for good question books then?

I just took my OB-shelf exam, and I found the Appleton and lange 1800 question book to be very useful. It seemed as if there were very similar questions throughout the exam.

Ofcourse, I don't know how I did, but it was comforting to know that I got a couple of questions right because of A&L.