OB is prepared for Zombies does the ER have a protocol?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davefromcamp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is amazing.

There are tw kinds of people in the world, people who have zombie plans and lunch. Which do you want to be?

Last edited:
This is amazing.

There are tw kinds of people in the world, people who have zombie plans and lunch. Which do ou want to be?

We're the canaries in the mineshaft for the zombie apocalypse. You're only hope is to be off shift which isn't viable as a long term strategy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys seen World War Z? The scenes where thousands of zombies are violently climbing over each other to storm the fortress wall? I swear that's what my lobby looked like yesterday.

I keep telling everyone in my shop that the zombies ... um patients ... just don't stop coming into ED. It's a relentless force of humanity that beats its way to our doors contantly like the waves that crash onto the beach.

We're the canaries in the mineshaft for the zombie apocalypse. You're only hope is to be off shift which isn't viable as a long term strategy.

Thanks guys for your sacrifice, I'm hopping in my car as soon as the ER falls. It's easier to come to the ER than to make an appointment.

Whoa. Someone had WAAAAAAAY too much time on her hands.

PS. Note to self: don't go into EM. High chance of zombie contact.

Great website, but it is apparently not limited to us... read some of the other "articles." (Many of which are funny in a rather scary way... )

Thanks guys for your sacrifice, I'm hopping in my car as soon as the ER falls. It's easier to come to the ER than to make an appointment.

We might be too late. Last time I was in the ER it was full of stumbling incoherent patients who tried to bite their doctors. How can I tell if this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse or just an ordinary day with typical ER patients?

We might be too late. Last time I was in the ER it was full of stumbling incoherent patients who tried to bite their doctors. How can I tell if this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse or just an ordinary day with typical ER patients?

It's easy - Zombies are direct and don't beat around the bush saying, "I need the thing that starts with a 'B'. Bre? ...Bro? ...Brai? ...Brains! That's it, the only thing that works for me is brains."

if percocet, dilaudid and xanax are considered alternative forms of zombie cuisine, it's safe to say we do work with zombies every day..

you know the patient's who self medicate to the point of respiratory depression then decide their oxycontin XR and MS contin aren't doing the job and they need some IV meds for the real kick, so they come to the ER barely conscious, lying on the gourney with the O face like, "blarrgggg i'm still breathing i need pain medicine blaaaaarrr just intubate me and put me on a propofol drip arrrrgh"?

zombies i tell ya

Great website, but it is apparently not limited to us... read some of the other "articles." (Many of which are funny in a rather scary way... )

I'm pretty sure it's all fake-news. I thought it was funny, they know something about medicine.

Always check for zombies before exiting the ED waiting room. You never know what's out there. :shifty: