Obama care: What does it really mean for current and future podiatrists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teambringit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear plenty of good and plenty of bad things that will happen due to the health care reform. I hear that it is good for current and future podiatrists because more patients insured equals a bigger patient pool. On the other hand I hear that podiatrist and other physicians will see their salaries tank due to lower insurance pay offs. I really don't know how this will affect me and my future salary as a future podiatrist. Any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, based on what I have read its sort of a blanket statement to say that medical care professionals as a whole will feel a crunch. Thats just what I have read and not at all based on experience since I am still pre-med. However it seems that "we" (future doctors) will not notice anything since we are currently earning zero and anything more than zero is great :)

Just don't take those funny insurance tell those people to get real insurances

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly can't say I've noticed a thing. Hahaha :laugh:

Well, based on what I have read its sort of a blanket statement to say that medical care professionals as a whole will feel a crunch. Thats just what I have read and not at all based on experience since I am still pre-med. However it seems that "we" (future doctors) will not notice anything since we are currently earning zero and anything more than zero is great :)