Obama initiates nuclear option: End of Fee for Service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.wsj.com/articles/medicare-to-rework-billions-in-payments-1422293419

Assume that if a Democrat wins in 2016 for POTUS and keeps Burwell at the HHS, Pathology will die a gruesome death.

Mass bundling, surgeons and gas taking as much of the shrinking pie as they can get away with, hospital taking the rest. You working for free.

Time to register to vote if you haven't because you know what is at stake.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you think Republicans would stick their necks out to save our field?

I dont know, maybe its because they arent the ones slapping high fives with Michael Moore as he and his buddies are advocating we all work for free? You know the fat degenerate slob guy who made a movie about how we are all second class doctors compared those in Cuba.

Hints like those GB. Little things. But yeah if you vote for Dems, you deserve to be some hospital exec's little gimp so enjoy that gimp suit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, Republicans have pushed for competitive bidding......Do you really trust them?

Gas is going to be as screwed as we are. They won't be getting much pie either.

The specialties that keep their numbers in check will be fine. Pathology is screwed and needs to be reducing ranks. Get used to hospitals taking your PC and making you an employee.

Forget registering to vote. Spend time planning your escape. Start businesses, invest, go back to school, whatever. The death star is imploding.

Reactions: 1 user
No real difference between Rs and Ds. They are just two different faces of the same machine. The Rs tend to be the bigger dinguses usually. Voting won't change ****.

Im going to pay my next tax bill not based on how much I earned but on how much perceived "value" I got from Obama in 2014.

Im going to pay for the Starbucks Latte based on the "value" proposition after drinking it.

And I will definitely pay my mortgage based on each month's "value" prop based on how I felt living in the house...

This is the logic of the Democratic party. They are endless big top of circus clowns stuffing themselves into clown cars of absurd ideas.

Let's face it. It is eventually going to be completely over for us.

i can even see it being over for insurance companies. Consolidated hospital chains will offer their own comprehensive healthcare services and recoup the 30% profit margin and the overhead if the insurance companies. Perhaps docs will benefit from that

Last edited:
Once the hospitals take over, there will be some pathology specimens heading to the trash cans. The real market for pathology will reveal itself and it won't be pretty.

Be planning your escape.

Become a runner like in the movie Logan's Run. Don't find yourself heading to carousel.

Once the hospitals take over, there will be some pathology specimens heading to the trash cans. The real market for pathology will reveal itself and it won't be pretty.

Be planning your escape.

Become a runner like in the movie Logan's Run. Don't find yourself heading to carousel.

But I thought the carousel allowed us rebirth and ascension? Also, my sensor's batteries ran out, almost a decade ago.

Many pathologists have lifeclocks that are blinking red. Carousel is coming. :laugh:

There is no renewel.

The End is Nigh.

Why can't they make creative movies like that anymore?

I'm glad they made it in the 70s instead of today to be honest. I love the cheesy special effects and 70s fashion. It would be full of computer generated garbage if it were created today. Farrah Fawcett and Jenny 6 were pretty hot as well. I guess in the future, undergarments are not worn which is fine with me. I also like how minimalist the movie is. There are so many unanswered questions that let the viewer fill in the blanks. Never understood why movie critics gave such harsh reviews. I think Gene Siskel said it was the worst movie he ever saw. It's one of my favorites.

The pathologists who believe in Sanctuary need to talk to those working in the real world. There is no Sanctuary!

I'm glad they made it in the 70s instead of today to be honest. I love the cheesy special effects and 70s fashion. It would be full of computer generated garbage if it were created today. Farrah Fawcett and Jenny 6 were pretty hot as well. I guess in the future, undergarments are not worn which is fine with me. I also like how minimalist the movie is. There are so many unanswered questions that let the viewer fill in the blanks. Never understood why movie critics gave such harsh reviews. I think Gene Siskel said it was the worst movie he ever saw. It's one of my favorites.

The pathologists who believe in Sanctuary need to talk to those working in the real world. There is no Sanctuary!

Haha, I actually just watched it for the first time this past week (along with Soylent Green, gotta love Netflix). I will say the acting was fairly painful in Logan's Run, which might be part of why it got such bad reviews. Special effects, even for that time (plenty of other movies around then had WAY better effects) were really bad. The "robot"? You could literally see the eyes and mouth of the guy inside the costume. The far away shots of the city? Clearly a model on a table. I enjoyed it, and liked the idea of it and the overall sci-fi concept, but no, it was not a great movie by any means. But then again, cult favorites never really are ;)

"... Pathologist shortage is coming.... all is well... reimbursement is not falling..."

logansrun1.jpg

Haha, I actually just watched it for the first time this past week (along with Soylent Green, gotta love Netflix). I will say the acting was fairly painful in Logan's Run, which might be part of why it got such bad reviews. Special effects, even for that time (plenty of other movies around then had WAY better effects) were really bad. The "robot"? You could literally see the eyes and mouth of the guy inside the costume. The far away shots of the city? Clearly a model on a table. I enjoyed it, and liked the idea of it and the overall sci-fi concept, but no, it was not a great movie by any means. But then again, cult favorites never really are ;)

2 truly great movies. Best part of Soylent Green? other than being people.... Women in the future are furniture. Let's see someone say that in a movie today...

There were so many apocalyptic movies made in the 70s. Planet of the Apes, Logan's Run, Soylent Green. No wonder all of us are so paranoid and constantly talking about the end of pathology. I bet these movies caused us to be this way, especially me since I watched them in my impressionable youth. Thanks dad for making me a miserable human being. :punch:

I don't care what you say, Logan's Run is an amazing movie despite its "special" effects. Box the robot is creepier as a guy in a costume. That whole scene with Box and the frozen humans disturbs me. At the same time I feel bad for Box since he doesn't really have a job anymore, other than to freeze runners.

I wish I had Logan's 5 voice. Has anyone ever had a better voice than Michael York?

"... Pathologist shortage is coming.... all is well... reimbursement is not falling..."

logansrun1.jpg

Sounds like you in May of 2013..............

"Well, for all the bitching I hear on this board, I have been made aware of 2 posters (the heme fellow and Tiki), who have not been able to secure employment (yet- the year is not yet over). Maybe there are thousands of others lurking in the shadows- I don't know. Everyone I know has gotten a job (or subsequent fellowship)- some with 3+ offers. So how exactly do you gauge the standing of this field? Is one or two "quality" candidates not finding a job sufficient to dismiss the entire field?"

Box the robot is very one dimensional. If you bring him stuff or cross paths with him, he freezes it/you. When the fish disappeared, he started freezing runners.

If pathology had an equivalent to Box the robot, he/it would just repeat the same stuff over and over.

"Everyone found a job!"

Sounds like you in May of 2013..............

"Well, for all the bitching I hear on this board, I have been made aware of 2 posters (the heme fellow and Tiki), who have not been able to secure employment (yet- the year is not yet over). Maybe there are thousands of others lurking in the shadows- I don't know. Everyone I know has gotten a job (or subsequent fellowship)- some with 3+ offers. So how exactly do you gauge the standing of this field? Is one or two "quality" candidates not finding a job sufficient to dismiss the entire field?"

The quote is still true today. I was having fun with the image... geez. Not sure there is a point to address this further.