Obamacare!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinuous sausage

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the recent passing of my 100th post, I figured I earned my right to make a thread no one wants to read.

I object to ACA for many reasons, both philosophical and economic, but fret not, because I'm not gonna introduce any of them.

I'm simply curious whether anyone here has any literature, articles, YouTube clips to share of esteemed members of the medical profession sharing their thoughts on the bill. I'm not so much interested in what premedguy8892 or Olbermann think about it--I want some heavy hitters in the medical field. I bet some of you are sitting on some good material, so please feel free to share :)

Members don't see this ad.

You object to something and you want more material that supports this view?

I believe this is called selection bias.

sage

sage goes in all fields.

Also inb4 someone corrects you to PPACA

Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach by Thomas Bodenheimer and Kevin Grumbach has been an interesting read so far. Gives an overview of healthcare as it is atm without regards to Obamacare so it would be a good read to get the basics down.

To understand Obamacare itself, I would read up on the posts on Reddit condensing it (should be dumb it down for a 5 year old section or something like that). Its very good and condenses what would be the 2000+ pages of law to about a page or two. In that thread is also a post by a doctor who gives his views on it and why doctors are for and against it.

Members don't see this ad :)
With the recent passing of my 100th post, I figured I earned my right to make a thread no one wants to read.

I object to ACA for many reasons, both philosophical and economic, but fret not, because I'm not gonna introduce any of them.

I'm simply curious whether anyone here has any literature, articles, YouTube clips to share of esteemed members of the medical profession sharing their thoughts on the bill. I'm not so much interested in what premedguy8892 or Olbermann think about it--I want some heavy hitters in the medical field. I bet some of you are sitting on some good material, so please feel free to share :)

Just had an interviewer (an MD) tell me today that he dislikes when applicants call it "Obamacare". He is very much for it. I think its a mixed bag out there since no one can honestly say they know how it will turn out once its all said and done.

To be fair, the OP asked for material in general, they did not specify they only wanted material critical of the bill. Maybe that is what he or she wants, but they did not say that was the only thing they were interested in.

Spanks-a-million for the remedial stats lesson, champ, but a close reading of my post reveals I didn't specify what type of informed Obamacare material I want, but only that I want informed Obamacare material.

I have nearly 10k posts and I still don't feel I've earned that right.

sage

sage goes in all fields.

Also inb4 someone corrects you to PPACA

Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach by Thomas Bodenheimer and Kevin Grumbach has been an interesting read so far. Gives an overview of healthcare as it is atm without regards to Obamacare so it would be a good read to get the basics down.

To understand Obamacare itself, I would read up on the posts on Reddit condensing it (should be dumb it down for a 5 year old section or something like that). Its very good and condenses what would be the 2000+ pages of law to about a page or two. In that thread is also a post by a doctor who gives his views on it and why doctors are for and against it.

I've never slung my wares over at reddit before--do you by chance have a link? Or will it be easy to find?

Also: sage?

Eat hotdogs, live forever.