Objection Relations Theory & Relational Units in Complex Trauma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceke2002

Purveyor of Strange
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link me up, Scotty? :D

I'm working on this in therapy at the moment, fascinating subject, anyone have any recommended papers or video lectures on the topic (that would be accessible to a patient, and don't require the exchange of money)? So far we've covered (hang, on let me see if I remember this correctly) Regressive Object Relational Units and Withdrawn Object Relational Units, so anything that expands on that, or delves into other types of RU's as it relates to complex trauma, would be great. Please and thank you in advance. :bookworm:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kernberg, but most don't recommend people to read his original work.

+1 for Kernberg -and he is an easy read...compared to Kohut!

I'm reading through some interviews with Kernberg at the moment, definitely relateable. My Psychiatrist also mentioned James Masterston I think it was, as a potential recommended author to seek out (although not his work on closet narcissism).

Thanks again. I am rather enjoying this direction in therapy, even if I do find it somewhat emotionally draining at the same time, definitely keen to understand and learn more about it. :)

The one thing I am finding with this sort of work, apart from it being rewarding in an intense kind of way, is that I am needing to space my sessions out more just to give myself time to process and absorb. I really don't know how someone goes through the more classic or I suppose what might be considered 'stereotypical' type analytic work where you have to commit to X number of sessions a week. I think I'd burn out from sheer overload.

And I need to pay a visit to my local libraries to try and track some of Kernberg et al's work down, if I can. :)