OccMed ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ascultator

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tried the Toxicology forums for this question but no response --

So I'm trained/BC in Family Medicine -- can I get into occmed without doing an occmed residency/fellowship? at the medical system I work at there are a few occmed physicians who are only FM or IM trained.

any advice on how I can get into the field?

also, based on the description of the field, is it accurate to say that Occmed physicians don't manage a pt's HTN/DM/HLD / chronic diseases? do you have a lot of issues with pain-med seeking pt's given that you deal with workplace injuries?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Tried the Toxicology forums for this question but no response --
I thought that was a weird place to post that question...the Poison Control forum. This is only a slightly less weird place. Why not "General Residency?" BTW, this is not a suggestion that you keep cross-posting/spamming your question across SDN as this is a violation of the TOS.

So I'm trained/BC in Family Medicine -- can I get into occmed without doing an occmed residency/fellowship? at the medical system I work at there are a few occmed physicians who are only FM or IM trained.

any advice on how I can get into the field?

What did they say when you asked them this same question? You're far more likely to get a useful answer from 2 or 3 Occ Med docs you actually know than you are from a bunch of random strangers on the intarwubs. Especially a group of internists.