About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OccMed ?

Discussion in 'Medical Toxicology (MD, DO, PharmD)' started by Ascultator, Apr 8, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Ascultator

Ascultator

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Tried the Toxicology forums for this question but no response --

So I'm trained/BC in Family Medicine -- can I get into occmed without doing an occmed residency/fellowship? at the medical system I work at there are a few occmed physicians who are only FM or IM trained.

any advice on how I can get into the field?

also, based on the description of the field, is it accurate to say that Occmed physicians don't manage a pt's HTN/DM/HLD / chronic diseases? do you have a lot of issues with pain-med seeking pt's given that you deal with workplace injuries?
    thanks
  2. gutonc

gutonc No Meat, No Treat Administrator SDN Senior Moderator

Attending Physician
    Physician PhD SDN 7+ Year Member
    I thought that was a weird place to post that question...the Poison Control forum. This is only a slightly less weird place. Why not "General Residency?" BTW, this is not a suggestion that you keep cross-posting/spamming your question across SDN as this is a violation of the TOS.

What did they say when you asked them this same question? You're far more likely to get a useful answer from 2 or 3 Occ Med docs you actually know than you are from a bunch of random strangers on the intarwubs. Especially a group of internists.