Coursework & Fieldwork Occupational Therapy in Drug and Alcohol Rehab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueorchd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a research paper on Occupational Therapy in Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers. I am having a hard time finding any recourses and I am wondering if there are any OTs or OTAs on this forum who work in that setting or know of a rehab center that has an OT or OTA working on site.
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

i believe these sites are rare for OTs to work in due to funding issues, although OTs are definitely needed in this setting and clients can really benefit from OT.

i'm actually completing a part of my fieldwork at a safe house for women with drug addiction. i will pm you my e-mail and you can ask me more questions if you'd like. the site has an ongoing relationship with my program and students are placed there every year to evaluate clients and administer group treatment. we provide the service for free (my program hires our own CIs to oversee our work in this setting) and this is also the only OT service the women receive. it's a really fascinating area to work and it's actually really piqued my interest in working in mental health!