OCHEM on OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAUeyes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I just finished the ochem section with Chad's videos and I am still a little nervous. All these reactions are really freaking me out. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help remember reactions, I have been trying to use flashcards but I find I just keep confusing myself! Any help would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Practice synthesis and you'll remember the reactions.

If you haven't already, I would get the OAT Destroyer. It has hundreds of practice questions for orgo, including plenty of clear roadmap problems that make the reactants, products e.t.c. stick in. It also has questions for the other sections and is super helpful (albeit the questions are harder than the real OAT, so master these and the OAT will seem like a breeze).

Members don't see this ad :)
OAT Destroyer has been godsend for OCHEM. I am retaking the OAT in July and my scores on my practice exams have definitely improved. The questions are hard but I've found it to be helpful for me in really learning the material while applying it. As long as you are willing to put in the work, it will greatly benefit you!

Oat Destryoer orgo section has a "roadmap" of reactions that was very helpful for the actual OAT. I did all the problems in the destroyer book and it helped me a lot!

Does anyone know if the OCHEM roadmaps in the DAT destroyer are similar to the OAT destoyer's?

DAT and OAT ochem are the same thing basically so should be good!

Reactions: 1 user
DAT and OAT ochem are the same thing basically so should be good!
cFUx4f

Reactions: 1 user